Turn Any Watch Into A Smartwatch with Kairos T-Band Strap With Screen

Kairos-T-band-smart-watch-strap-5.jpgKairos-T-band-smart-watch-strap-3.jpg

Instead of putting the "smart" in the watch, why not in the band itself?

There are currently 3 model of this 

1)T-BAND ND 

-no display ( Multi colour LED for notification)

-Skin temperature, Sweat (Detects how much sweat your sweat glands are producing)

2)T-BAND HD

-Hidden LED display  ( only display English alphanumeric text and numbers)

3)T-BAND OD

-OLED display(active viewing area 11mmx25m with 170dpi resolution)

All of the model will have the following  spec

-200mAh

-32-Bit, ARM® Cortex™-M4, 1MB Flash, 192KB RAM, 168MHz

-Capacitive touch screen

-Dual mode Bluetooth Classic and Bluetooth v4.0 BLE

-9-axis  gyroscope /accelerometer

/compass /optical sensor(heart rate)

-MIC

-IP67 waterproof

​-propriety OS (Kairos OS (Compatible with iOS, Android, MS)

Source:

http://www.ablogtowatch.com/kairos-t-band-strap-screen-turns-watch-smartwatch/

http://kairostband.com/

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/kairos-watches-t-band-analog-watch-becomes-smart#home

Looks sweet! Hopefully it isn't too expensive :/

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Not a bad idea actually.

This way, you can have the best of both worlds.

The problem with this solution is, how good is the software?

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

Guffaw.

mxlphtlk

ajabababMUSTHAVETHIS

I hope they refine this, this is a great idea.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Why is the one with no display is the only one that can detect skin temperature and sweat?

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

probably there is much more space for them to put the sensor in it

Now this I like. And the potential applications are neet too.

That "flexible" pcb looks pretty cool, have we seen something like that before?

It seems like a cool idea, too bad it isn't a touch screen.

it does have Capacitive touch screen.

It looks great and its cool idea.

I wish I can get one./ afford one  :D

Timothy Harnamji

that's...                              actually really cool!

i'm one of those guys that has no perception of time, and am constantly glancing at my watch when waiting for something because if i don't, i'll miss it for sure.

and being able to turn my daily driver into a smart watch, that's awesome! i would pay a max of $300 for one of those.

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

This is the same group as the Kairos smart watch no? I think they're being too ambitious and should work on getting their smart watch out first before starting another product.

I7-4770k 4.7Ghz 1.35v | Asus Maximus VI Extreme | 16GB Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz | 2x GTX Titan SLI

Custom Water Loop | Corsair AXi 1200w | Intel 530 series 240GB SSD | 1TB WD Black

Corsair Obsidian 900D | Sennheiser 558 | Ducky Shine Zero Cherry MX Brown w/ Orange Backlight | Func MS-3 | Dell U2141H x3

This is the same group as the Kairos smart watch no? I think they're being too ambitious and should work on getting their smart watch out first before starting another product.

yes they are the same group of people.

one of their facebook post states that the hardware and firmware is the same as the hybrid model and did not diverted thier timeline.

as mentioned in previous responses, we have not diverted our resources, Watch, PCB, Firmware are all shared with our first hybrid model. We wanted to give our customers more options for their liking. We have also not diverted in our timeline as well for the T-band. We hope you can understand.                  

yes they are the same group of people.

one of their facebook post states that the hardware and firmware is the same as the hybrid model and did not diverted thier timeline.

Considering that they were expecting to have a batch of beta units by late Sept/early Oct and still don't have a demo of it.. I'm skeptical. They may not have diverted finances.. but timeline.. I find that harder to believe.

I7-4770k 4.7Ghz 1.35v | Asus Maximus VI Extreme | 16GB Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz | 2x GTX Titan SLI

Custom Water Loop | Corsair AXi 1200w | Intel 530 series 240GB SSD | 1TB WD Black

Corsair Obsidian 900D | Sennheiser 558 | Ducky Shine Zero Cherry MX Brown w/ Orange Backlight | Func MS-3 | Dell U2141H x3