PS4 @ $400 and Xbox One @ $500

Maskot

Bad news for PC gaming, although the lag in AC4 doesn't look that good.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

Not really... It's more or less bad for the Xbox. here is a system for $160 more that may crush the consoles, and this is something I created on the fly so I didn't have to think about what is cheaper. Wait till Nvidia "Maxwell" and the so called AMD HD9000 series come out, they will DECIMATEEEEEE.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/ngrungebb91/saved/1Dxd

Motherboard - ASUS P6X58D-E Processor - Intel i7 930 Bloomfield OC'd @ 4.01Ghz, 1.28v | RAM - 12GB Corsair Dominator @ 8-8-8-12, 1600mhz | Graphics Card - EVGA Geforce GTX660 SC 3GB @ +75mhz core, +500mhz mem | Power Supply - Seasonic X650 Gold

CPU Cooler, Fans - Corsair H-90 w/ Noctua FN14 push/pull, Gelid Wings UV Blue  | Case - Fractal Design Arc MIDI R2 |

But, for casual consumers, they will buy the consoles... Not gaming PC's...

Not really... It's more or less bad for the Xbox. here is a system for $160 more that may crush the consoles. Wait till Nvidia "Maxwell" and the so called AMD HD9000 series come out, they will DECIMATEEEEEE.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/ngrungebb91/saved/1Dxd

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

But, for casual consumers, they will buy the consoles... Not gaming PC's...

And this happens every generation of consoles haha. Dont worry man. PC gaming is fine! :) The hardware is going to be orgasmic as I mentioned when Maxwell and HD9000 come out too. The budget $150 cards will probably be the performance level of a GTX690/7990 in 1 GPU.

Motherboard - ASUS P6X58D-E Processor - Intel i7 930 Bloomfield OC'd @ 4.01Ghz, 1.28v | RAM - 12GB Corsair Dominator @ 8-8-8-12, 1600mhz | Graphics Card - EVGA Geforce GTX660 SC 3GB @ +75mhz core, +500mhz mem | Power Supply - Seasonic X650 Gold

CPU Cooler, Fans - Corsair H-90 w/ Noctua FN14 push/pull, Gelid Wings UV Blue  | Case - Fractal Design Arc MIDI R2 |

Bad news for PC gaming, although the lag in AC4 doesn't look that good.

Probably due to their crazy stage setup. I doubt it'd be that bad at home.

Also, does anyone know if the PS4 comes bundled with the PS Eye? If it doesn't, that might explain the $100 difference (since the Xbox One comes with Kinect).

Probably due to their crazy stage setup. I doubt it'd be that bad at home.

Also, does anyone know if the PS4 comes bundled with the PS Eye? If it doesn't, that might explain the $100 difference (since the Xbox One comes with Kinect).

If it IS the difference, then I think people will applaud even more for Sony.  I think a lot of hardcore gamers don't even want the Kinect, and yet it's being shoved down their throats.  As for offering a Kinect-less SKU that is $100 cheaper, I don't think it will happen.  I think MS is almost forcing games and UI to rely on the Kinect, resulting in all Xbox Ones requiring the device.

People, nothing is happening to PC gaming. It is going to stay here for as long as creating games happens on PCs.

The Xbox on the other hand, might be in for some trouble with the pricing they have set-up. They seem to be making the same mistake Sony made with the PS3 launch.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

People, nothing is happening to PC gaming. It is going to stay here for as long as creating games happens on PCs.

The Xbox on the other hand, might be in for some trouble with the pricing they have set-up. They seem to be making the same mistake Sony made with the PS3 launch.

As a PC gamer, there is one thing that intrigues me about the Sony hardware.  It would be interesting to see what 8 GB of GDDR5 can do for games.  When it comes to Xbox One, with DDR3 memory and virtualized environments (and an added $100 price tag.... and forced online connectivity), I certainly have no interest.  I nearly have no interest in the PS4 as well, but indeed, would like to see how an 8 GB GDDR5 gaming machine performs, from a hardware enthusiast perspective.

As a PC gamer, there is one thing that intrigues me about the Sony hardware.  It would be interesting to see what 8 GB of GDDR5 can do for games.  When it comes to Xbox One, with DDR3 memory and virtualized environments (and an added $100 price tag.... and forced online connectivity), I certainly have no interest.  I nearly have no interest in the PS4 as well, but indeed, would like to see how an 8 GB GDDR5 gaming machine performs, from a hardware enthusiast perspective.

^ This. PC ports will not NEARLY be as bad as last gen too. The standard RAM to put in a modern computer is 8GB anyway if you want to game so. It will be interesting indeed.

^ This. PC ports will not NEARLY be as bad as last gen too. The standard RAM to put in a modern computer is 8GB anyway if you want to game so. It will be interesting indeed.

Yep, I should mention that it's not the *amount* that interests me, it is the *type*.  For instance, texture data is loaded into RAM, and then sent to the GPU (memory) for rendering.  However, on the PS4, the texture is already in the same memory (I believe) used for rendering.  There is no transfer or swapping step.  This means that when it comes time to move incredibly fast through streaming worlds, such as Watch Dogs or those open-world racing games, there can be less stutter and/or faster movement through these environments.

It would be interesting to see what 8 GB of GDDR5 can do for games.

Indeed.

The RAM on the PS4 is DDR5 and is shared between the CPU and GPU. So technically, the CPU has access to superior RAM in the PS4 than in a PC :D

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

This has already been posted. :)