Only if I could choose a suitable one

AdsStan
Go to solution Solved by Real_PhillBert,

If you can spend the money the 280 is a better choice.

Well since i last checked the price of a R9 270 was like £120, £150 and I looked yesterday at the prices and they have gone down a fair bit and I picked out a few cards to look out for on Black Friday and Cyber Monday but I just dont know what card is best out of them. Yes there is a R9 280 on the list yes I know its better than a R9 270 / 270X but whatever is the best performing for my money I will get. 

Help / suggestions will be appreciated.

Please don't post any suggestions of other cards the list below is the cards I picked out also the R9 280 is in the mix because it is in my price range for my graphics card. 

I will be using it for gaming and I wont be overclocking my card.

Card links on PC PartPicker UK:

XFX Radeon R9 270 2GB Double Dissipation https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-video-card-r9270acdfc

MSI Radeon R9 270 2GB TWIN FROZR https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-video-card-r9270gaming2g

XFX Radeon R9 270X 2GB Double Dissipation https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-video-card-r9270xcdj4

MSI Radeon R9 270X 2GB TWIN FROZR https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-video-card-r9270xgaming2g

MSI Radeon R9 270X 2GB https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-video-card-r9270xgaming2gitx

MSI Radeon R9 280 3GB TWIN FROZR https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-video-card-r9280gaming3g

Bapple \ '-' /

Personal Rig - FX 6300 ////// MSI R9 280 ////// ASUS M5A97 R2.0 ////// WD 1TB HDD ////// BitFenix NEOS Case ////// Corsair CX500M //////

Laptop - Toshiba Satellite L850D-12P ////// Tablet - Toshiba Excite ////// Mobile ​- OnePlus One //////

if the 280 is in your budget, GO FOR IT, if not the best 270 IMO is the XFX, i myself have an XFX r9 270x

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

280! 280! 280!

It's worth it.

haha i some how just know someone would say the 280

Bapple \ '-' /

Personal Rig - FX 6300 ////// MSI R9 280 ////// ASUS M5A97 R2.0 ////// WD 1TB HDD ////// BitFenix NEOS Case ////// Corsair CX500M //////

Laptop - Toshiba Satellite L850D-12P ////// Tablet - Toshiba Excite ////// Mobile ​- OnePlus One //////

if the 280 is in your budget, GO FOR IT, if not the best 270 IMO is the XFX, i myself have an XFX r9 270x

yeh its im my budget but if a high end 270X has better cooler I/O ect i mignt go for it

Bapple \ '-' /

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

yeh its im my budget but if a high end 270X has better cooler I/O ect i mignt go for it

the twin frozer is also a very good cooler, go for the 280

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

yes of course its like the same price as the 270 was when I last checked I just wanted to know if it is still worth getting a 270 / 270x

Bapple \ '-' /

the twin frozer is also a very good cooler, go for the 280

yeah I have heard about things about MSI's twin frozar coolers but I have never used or seen one IRL

Bapple \ '-' /

yes of course its like the same price as the 270 was when I last checked I just wanted to know if it is still worth getting a 270 / 270x

Not really. I understand what you mean about the I/O though, but the TF cooler is a good cooler as well.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Not really. I understand what you mean about the I/O though, but the TF cooler is a good cooler as well.

As long as it has at least a DVI-D duel link port and a HDMI port i am happy

Bapple \ '-' /

As long as it has at least a DVI-D duel link port and a HDMI port i am happy

All should be good then!

All should be good then!

yup looks like its the 280 then

Bapple \ '-' /