Doorbell + 3rd floor

ShadyHost

Our house was just recently finished and I moved in a few days ago. The only problem I have had so far is that my room is on the 3rd floor on the opposite side of the house from the door, and the doorbell speakers are only on the 2nd floor. The air conditioning vent is just outside the door to my room and when I am wearing headphones + the air conditioning is running....I can't hear anything outside my room. The only time I can hear the doorbell ring is when the airconditioning is off and the entire house is dead silent.

I did some google searching and I couldn't find any "real solutions" to this problem. Basically I want a second doorbell that will set off some kind of alarm or sound making device in my room so when I get my 780 in the mail the dude doesn't just leave when I don't come down. My parents suggest a blow up mattress to sleep in the living room on the day it is being delivered but this is probably going to be a long-term problem.

Does anyone have the same problem or any possible solutions?

My uncle had a similar problem and he found these wireless solutions where you add this little thing into the door bell button then you mount the speaker to somewhere else in the house. idk what its called but aybe like wireless doorbell or something.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

the lazy fix would be to tape an out of order sign on top of the existing doorbell the day of expected delivery and put a $20 or $10 wireless doorbell next to it and have the speaker in your room. 

Cant you get another reciever unit to pick up the signal and put that in your room with a flashing led??

We have this problem where I live at the moment. My flatmate is on the 3rd floor. She just yells at people from the balcony. I dont hear the doorbell cuz im on the second floor so I just ignore anyone and pretend I havnt noticed them.

Uhmmm hes not exactly going to mail it back to the retailer you bought it from. If you miss it (And if your whole family manage to 'miss' or ignore it also), just go round to the post depot or to whoevers house he left it at and pick it up?

You've made it sound like a 'one delivery' problem, so don't bother buying a new doorbell.

I'm just a soul who is up to no good.

Uhmmm hes not exactly going to mail it back to the retailer you bought it from. If you miss it (And if your whole family manage to 'miss' or ignore it also), just go round to the post depot or to whoevers house he left it at and pick it up?

You've made it sound like a 'one delivery' problem, so don't bother buying a new doorbell.

Thats stupid. We have a problem here, We should find a solution not just have the attitude "deal with it."

Wireless transimiters ftw!!

Thats stupid. We have a problem here, We should find a solution not just have the attitude "deal with it."

Wireless transimiters ftw!!

If hes gonna change it, this is the only option.

If hes gonna change it, this is the only option.

avatar_facepalm_by_nickleback18-d5sae5n.

Ima just walk away.

Edit:

Theres always more than one way to do something.

Ima just walk away.

Exactly.

cant you just swap out the speaker with something bigger .... like an air horn? :D

Its all about those volumetric clouds