JJ from Asus confirming new AMD CPU in 6-8months?

BlackOutCrisis

In a recent interview JJ said that it takes Asus about 6-8 months to design a board and not to longer in that interview he said that Asus is currently working on a full range of motherboard form factors for a future AMD platform.

What do you guys think?

I'm personally really excited to see if they bring a new architecture to the table and not just a new chipset if it is true.

Possibly something to do with this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItEj0h3HJ4w

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

There is supposedly AMD Vishera 5.0 Ghz FX CPUs in the works, the apparent TDP is horrific and I really do think a lot of AMD motherboards would not be able to coap with the power delivery required by such a CPU, I reckon if ASUS are working on anything for AMD it will be a motherboard to power that, there was a leak about the whole platform a few weeks ago when a Gigabyte board apparently claimed to support AMD 5.0 Ghz CPUs.

Oh they are probably also working on Steamroller.

I want an RoG M-ATX/ m-itx board for Steamroller!

^ this.

that would be a perfect xmas gift for my son. 

"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want" - Dan Stanford

Project Sandrock (Ended): http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/album/75-project-sandrock/

Project Murasame Liger (WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/album/400-project-murasame-liger/

bulldozer was october, piledriver was was october and steamroller will be october. The 5ghz chips are just a stop gap till then to counter haswells subpar overcloking and maybe an early introduction to 1090fx chipset,

4770k @4.4 / 16GB @2400 / Plextor MP5X 128GB / MSI Mpower Z87 / MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC / AX860 / XSPC RX240 & EX240 / Koolance 380i / CM 690 II / Qnix 1440p @96Hz / Benq XL2420G

Current Status: Mourning the loss of my 780 ti 

bulldozer was october, piledriver was was october and steamroller will be october. The 5ghz chips are just a stop gap till then to counter haswells subpar overcloking and maybe an early introduction to 1090fx chipset,

I would expect that to happen today or tomorrow honestly. 

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked +150/+500, 128GB Crucial M4, 1TB WD Black

Xonar DX, AudioEngine A2, Astro Mixamp, AudioTechnica ath-m50 & ath-ad700

I am watching the e3 stream now. I'm thinking that  amd will have some sort of announcement during the EA conference with BF4 like never settle or something like that. Fingers crossed for radeon 8/9000 but thats about snow cones chance in hell of happening.

4770k @4.4 / 16GB @2400 / Plextor MP5X 128GB / MSI Mpower Z87 / MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC / AX860 / XSPC RX240 & EX240 / Koolance 380i / CM 690 II / Qnix 1440p @96Hz / Benq XL2420G

Current Status: Mourning the loss of my 780 ti 

In a recent interview JJ said that it takes Asus about 6-8 months to design a board and not to longer in that interview he said that Asus is currently working on a full range of motherboard form factors for a future AMD platform.

What do you guys think?

I'm personally really excited to see if they bring a new architecture to the table and not just a new chipset if it is true.

Can you please link the interview ? I want to watch/read it.

Oh Tek Syndicate, stupid me, of course !

lol yea, it is actually a pretty cool interview.