Official WWDC aftertalk (Pictures & Video)

KOtech

The multiscreen updates caught me most off guard in the "wait, they didn't already have that?" category.

I think you might have misunderstood about what was new and what wasn't. The new functionality addresses some issues that the "multiple desktop spaces" functionality creates. Apple machines have had the ability to run extended desktops over multiple screens for ever, thats not new ;) Like I said, it's an incremental update, and with the screens they have mainly just sorted out some details. Never the less, those details make for a very welcome update indeed!

I think you might have misunderstood about what was new and what wasn't. The new functionality addresses some issues that the "multiple desktop spaces" functionality creates. Apple machines have had the ability to run extended desktops over multiple screens for ever, thats not new ;) Like I said, it's an incremental update, and with the screens they have mainly just sorted out some details. Never the less, those details make for a very welcome update indeed!

I mean the ability to have your dock on both screens, have your toolbar on both screens, and actually USE fullscreen anything without it getting messed up. 2 of those 3 things windows has had for years now, and the other was available via a third party app and is now native in Windows 8. 

its a bit simpler then the desktop solution, thus the android beam comparison. On the desktop solution you have to navigate to the file you went to send and select where to send it, with this you just hit the share function and, like android beam, the OS actualy figures out what of the things currently on your screen you want to send and then it opens it up to anyone on the same network. the other people are then given a simple option to accept or reject that share. at least thats how I understood it, i could be wrong. 

Well, there obviously will be some simplification with regards to everything, especially the file navigation. The network bit and option to receive doesn't seem very different from the desktop functionality at all ;)

I found it strange that they didn't announce Haswell in all if their laptops. Especially MBP-R, which probably needs the extra graphics more than anyone

They announced newer Macbook Airs that have Haswell ULT.

The multiscreen updates caught me most off guard in the "wait, they didn't already have that?" category.

Yeah, same with Windows 8. You'd think OSs would have the support earlier on, eh?

They announced newer Macbook Airs that have Haswell ULT.

That was what I meant by the "all" bit ;)

I love how with Steve Jobs gone, John Ivy now takes full charge of the project himself and puts all his might and want into the iOS 7. I can see that he worked for it very passionately.

And as for Maverick, (don't hate me b/c I have a macbook air; I have custom PC myself), the compressed RAM and other power efficiency stuffs are really interesting to me as a. I use up all my 4GB RAM all the freaking time (I'm like Linus that I use 2GB just for Chrome :P ) and b. sometimes power spending can be really inefficient with this laptop, especially with Chrome. It's nice that Mavericks deliver power only to tab that is visible. People should really recognize this as a boon for laptop users.

And as for Maverick, (don't hate me b/c I have a macbook air; I have custom PC myself), the compressed RAM and other power efficiency stuffs are really interesting to me as a. I use up all my 4GB RAM all the freaking time (I'm like Linus that I use 2GB just for Chrome :P ) and b. sometimes power spending can be really inefficient with this laptop, especially with Chrome. It's nice that Mavericks deliver power only to tab that is visible. People should really recognize this as a boon for laptop users.

Yeah, OS X doesn't seem to be that great with memory management, honestly...

I've downloaded the iOS 7 beta and so far I really like it.  The only thing im a bit iffy on is the new folders. I love how you can now have more pages, but I preferred the old way they had it.  There were more apps per page, and I dont think the animation was that bad to go with the new "feel" i get from the OS.  The transitions just make the OS feel so smooth and the look as well.

I've downloaded the iOS 7 beta and so far I really like it.  The only thing im a bit iffy on is the new folders. I love how you can now have more pages, but I preferred the old way they had it.  There were more apps per page, and I dont think the animation was that bad to go with the new "feel" i get from the OS.  The transitions just make the OS feel so smooth and the look as well.

have you used it long enough to see if the battery life improved?

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

have you used it long enough to see if the battery life improved?

I haven't. Since I've upgraded its been plugged into my laptop so its yet to be on battery. Since im just heading home after this, I'll give that a test tomorrow :)

Yeah, OS X doesn't seem to be that great with memory management, honestly...

Oh, no, that's not what I meant. To be honest if I was using Chrome similarly on my desktop it would've taken at least 3GB out of 8GB of RAM.

I'm saying Mavericks helps alleviate that on the laptop side.

Mavericks? I wonder why they wouldn't wait until OS XI to stop using cat names. And to name it after a basketball team, that is weird (joking). :)

I don't like the new ios 7 colour scheme. It will be difficult to see in sun light.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Wow, didn't know that the Mac pro was that small! Pretty amazing how they have put so much power in such a small form factor. I wonder how well their cooling design works. From my experience those type of fans are usually pretty loud and have to spin quiet fast. 

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers