PC does not install OS to SSD nor HDD

lime

So far I've enabled AHCI for my ssd and tried many methods on trying to get it to work. My brand new parts that I've assembled is not working. Like i can get into BIOS and stuff but when i try to install my operating system to the hard drive or SSD it won't work. What i mean by "it won't work" is once I've gone passed the part where you load windows 8 from your flashdrive or DVD it'll instruct you to press next, ask you to accept the EULA or something close to that. Enter the Serial key for windows 8. After that it'll tell me to select which drives to install it on. When i try to install my OS to either my Western Digital 1TB black HDD & my Samsung 840 Pro SSD it says this weird thing like one time it said that my partition 1 was max of 350mb for my SSD so it failed to install. 2nd time, it will have a weird failed and tells me to enable AHCI on my BIOS settings for my SATA controller. I did that. It's enabled. The settings for the controller are only "Enable AHCI" for my SSD and a legacy one i forgot whats it called but doesn't apply to SSD's that what i heard and RAID.

I Uploaded files to show you what happens. Sometimes it does the error installing to my harddrive or SSD but sometimes it doesn't show a error and once done gets to the part where its like "10 seconds till restart".

Someone please help.

Part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJyJRzEaUfE&feature=youtu.be

Part 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CesMTikM1O8&feature=youtu.be

Links on YouTube are still being uploaded. Please help and thanks. Tried many things such as tinkering and defaulting BIOS settings, taking out and removing either SSD or HDD.

Try it again with 1 stick of ram.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Why are you deleting the system reserved partitions? I think there are boot files located in that partition and if you want to delete the partition you have to move them first.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

Try it again with 1 stick of ram.

tried with 1 stick of ram. sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I tried it once and it worked and then it reboots afterwards and goes through the process of installing the operating system and sometimes it works but it's like it reboots and gives me a windows 8 error and shuts down by it self.

pull the power for the hard drive.. and only have the ssd running when you install windows

here is a link to a guide that will help.. its for windows 7

http://www.windowsreinstall.com/win7ultimate/windows7installguides/indexfullpage.htm

Godlikegohan, I've also tried that as well. I left in my SSD only and it won't let me do anything i heard that if you leave in 2 drives like a ssd and harddrive with nothing in it, it'll cause problems or such. I heard it from another forum.

Why are you deleting the system reserved partitions? I think there are boot files located in that partition and if you want to delete the partition you have to move them first.

Well, reason i delete the reserve partitions were because when i don't delete them and i just install my os they leave like around 300mb worth of reserved partitions and such for my operating system and then gives me a error in between installing my OS saying that i have to make sure that its over 8669MB to install my OS. I don't know what to do. I thought my memory were defective and i tried to fix it by installing memtest86 and testing it once. went through all 11 cycles and no errors showed. Reason i did this was because people have said that they have errors installing OS because ram is defective and everything is pretty much loaded into memory and then loaded into my SSD or HDD

Well, reason i delete the reserve partitions were because when i don't delete them and i just install my os they leave like around 300mb worth of reserved partitions and such for my operating system and then gives me a error in between installing my OS saying that i have to make sure that its over 8669MB to install my OS. I don't know what to do. I thought my memory were defective and i tried to fix it by installing memtest86 and testing it once. went through all 11 cycles and no errors showed. Reason i did this was because people have said that they have errors installing OS because ram is defective and everything is pretty much loaded into memory and then loaded into my SSD or HDD

The reserve partition is 0.35GB (=350MB). The OS requires 8.67GB (=8669MB). Your SSD (Drive 1, Partition 2) has 119GB (=119,000MB) of usable space. You chose the reserved partition (Drive 1 Partition 1) to install the OS. You should've chosen the primary system (the one that says 118.9GB, Drive 1 Partition 2).

**You don't need to do this but it might make it easier for you** Unplug the HDD sata cable (while PC is off). You don't need the HDD plugged in to install the OS.

Once you get to the "where do you want to install windows?" screen (the part you said was random junk), you should see this:

Untitled_zps5d1a9ac4.png

The red line is scribbled over the two partitions that make up the HDD. They won't be there if you unplug the HDD sata cable (but the SSD will now be called "Drive 0" instead of "Drive 1").

(Assuming you unplugged HDD)

Under the column "Type" you should see two partitions. Primary and System. Primary should be 118.9GB in size and System should be 350MB in size. If you don't see the two partitions, Primary & System, or if the Primary partition size is smaller than 118.9GB, select the format button. If you do see both the Primary & System partitions and they are both the correct size, you won't need to format and you can skip the next step.

Here it will you will go through steps on how to format your ssd (back to its proper state). It will ask you to choose between FAT32 and NTFS. Choose NTFS. It will ask you for the file allocation size. It should default to 4096B or 4KB. Select that one if it isn't the default size. It may ask to do a quick or a full format. You can choose a quick format as there is no need to look for bad sectors. Once you do that and its finished formatting the SSD, you should get the reserved partition back (350MB) and the primary system (118.9GB).

Now to install the OS correctly, all you need to do is select the 'Primary' partition (118.9GB) to install the OS on. After this it should be a breeze.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700