Irritating G2A Experience, looking to inform not hate

Imabigmac

Consumers have always been lured to buy things for less. Maybe it is dollar less or maybe its $30. The question the consumer inherently asks is whether or not the retailer is legit. Well this was at least the process I went through. The thousands of reviews and constant referral via the forums proving its a good retailer. I won't dispute that, they are still a great way to get steam keys/Origin keys cheap. However this thread is more related to a current and my first problem with the site. 

I have never before bought a product through G2A and I doubt I will only buy just one. But lets just say that my first experience has not been all that great. Black Ops is a ridiculously overpriced game on steam but is under $20 on G2A and just for for good old time zombies why not. So being semi-smart I made sure to purchase the GLOBAL key, and G2A's shield guarantee. And with my less than stellar luck I received a key which activated just fine, but once I loaded the game I found out that I have a German edition. I'm Canadian not German. I live in Canada, not Germany. I speak English not German - with that said its surprisingly similar, much like French is the only issue is I can't pronounce the words.... And of course I don't know about you but at least I think I'm entitled to game I thought I was buying, An English version of black ops. This is what Shield is for, no? 

So my story doesn't end there and if anything what I want you the readers to really take from this is that the support is terrible.  Upon finding out my game was German I immediately hit up the G2A support line. Live chat was no help and transferred me to the ticket service. Unfortunately the ticket service had little clue about what they were talking about. They were trying to blame it on a failed activation because I live in a region were the game can't be activated. (Germany) Then it was apparently a Steam setting which I determined was not the problem, at which point I asked for my money back or a new ENGLISH/GLOBAL key. What did I get nothing, not even a reply. A few days went by, I opened a new ticket and perhaps I didn't give it enough time for them to answer the first one, and this was more made on anger than pure thought, still no response and finally I got "sorry we don't do returns" again hardly relevant to my problem. So again a few days later I'm still at square one. I got this crazy idea that maybe live support can help me, so I simply describe my situation though it was a hypothetical situation. I discovered that I should be fully entitled to the proper game and not the German version regardless whether it was activated or not. This time chat was nice and even gave me a discount code. Back to the ticket service I went, chat log in hand now I await a response. And I discovered a few hours after my live chat that I had another ticket response asking me for a screenshot of the "FAILED ACTIVATION" well I'm not to sure where that came from because if they even read my tickets they would know my game works and the key worked..... but it was a different region key. 

As I said before and will maintain this not a "NEVER BUY FROM THIS SITE AGAIN" thread. Merely a review/experience that I will update when I know more. So I say this as it seems easy to fall for it and potentially be conned by G2A's support failing to see the problem. Watch out out and make sure   A: The game can be activated in your country -regardless whether it Global or not.    B: It supports your countries language     C: That you buy the G2A shield   

So far I have learned that G2A's support is hardly a thing, its slow and painful like a lot of support services are. Take this as a grain of salt, I'm what like 1 in 1000 that has had a problem? but don't be surprised if it happens to you.  

In the meantime I have been learning some some new vocab while fighting zombies and seeing some interesting censored content. And occasionally I shut off the voices but navigating the options menus isn't always easy. 

And if anyone has s suggestion or a past experience as to what I can maybe try to fix it alternatively, my ears are open. (Steam problem, setting, etc) 

What is different in this picture? 

tNUEFkz.jpg?1

Forgot to say that I will update once I find out the final solution to my problem. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

NO SWATISKA!

I'm not gunna lie, I've had nothing but good experiences with G2A. I have heard that their support isn't the greatest though. Which is why I try my best to never have to contact them.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

NO SWATISKA!

We have a winner!

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

We have a winner!

I edited the post.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I edited the post.

I see.  

I was hoping to do the same thing, but well that didn't go as planned.... As I too heard the support was non existent, and well I have somewhat proved that. 

Spoiler

I see.  

I was hoping to do the same thing, but well that didn't go as planned.... As I too heard the support was non existent, and well I have somewhat proved that. 

You're not the first person I've heard it from. For the most part I avoid G2A because of that. I don't buy games often any more though, so it's not that big of a deal. From time to time I buy something there.

I have a great experience with G2A, support was fast and shield is a fun thing. And games are cheap! 

CPU: Intel I7 4790K 4.8 Ghz || Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus Hero 6 Z87 || Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600 Mhz || GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Ti STRIX || Storage: 2 x SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB RAID 0 HDD Western Digital 1 TB Black || PSU: Corsair AX 860 watt || Cooling: 2 x AF 140mm (front), 2 AF120 Blue LED (bottom and back), 2 SP120 (top on radiator) ||  CPU cooler: Corsair H100i GTX || Case: Corsair obsidian 750D <3 <3 <3 

I have a great experience with G2A, support was fast and shield is a fun thing. And games are cheap!

And I don't question it, it just so happened that I was unlucky.
Spoiler

Did you buy from G2A or a selling user?

I bought Shadow of Mordor from some seller there and after a couple of days steam gift got revoked due to payment issues. Contacted support, they told me to provide some screenshots. I did but they weren't responding until I contacted them on Facebook. A guy there told me he'll try to hasten the process and 2 hours later I got a refund.

I've seen many comments on Facebook saying how they weren't getting any replies for days, even a month, then followed by another comment soon after saying they got a refund. So you might want to try there.

i7 9700K @ 5 GHz, ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 (OC), Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI, 2x8 HyperX Predator 3200 MHz

Did you buy from G2A or a selling user?

I bought Shadow of Mordor from some seller there and after a couple of days steam gift got revoked due to payment issues. Contacted support, they told me to provide some screenshots. I did but they weren't responding until I contacted them on Facebook. A guy there told me he'll try to hasten the process and 2 hours later I got a refund.

I've seen many comments on Facebook saying how they weren't getting any replies for days, even a month, then followed by another comment soon after saying they got a refund. So you might want to try there.

Well as I Was told that I'm entitled to refund from live chat so I'm awaiting that, the problem is making their support realize this. Social media may be very interesting way to solve this.

As far I know it was bought from g2a that's what I had selected so unless it changed somehow in the checkout I did not touch it.

Spoiler

TL;DR But the way i shop at g2a is (and i've done this 19 times without a problem) find the product i want, battlefield 4 for example. I click it, then view the list of sellers. Find someone who has sold atleast 100 and got 99-100% rating. Buy using g2a shield. Never had a problem.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

G2A is an odd site. There are some shady practices regarding some of the keys (misappropriated review keys etc), and as such I don't conduct business with them. That's not to say all sellers aren't legit, but I'd rather not run the risk personally.

If you're looking for a more reputable site to get discounted game keys, try http://www.gamekeysnow.com/

The prices aren't as low, but your experience will by and far be a better one.

Forgot to say that I will update once I find out the final solution to my problem. 

You sly dog you.

I've bought two games from G2A. Shadow Of Mordor, absolutely no issues, and Far Cry 4 pre-order which I cancelled with, again, no issues.

You sly dog you.

I've bought two games from G2A. Shadow Of Mordor, absolutely no issues, and Far Cry 4 pre-order which I cancelled with, again, no issues.

If your wondering why I haven't updated it yet, is because I haven't yet got any farther with the process.
Spoiler

That earns a Like.

Everything I've heard about G2A suggests that they are a fairly reliable vendor of a very unpredictable and shady product. I'm more comfortable just spending the extra on an unquestionably legitimate product.

If your wondering why I haven't updated it yet, is because I haven't yet got any farther with the process.

So your still trying to obtain your final solution?

Let us know, with my positive experience so far obviously I'm going to be inclined to buy games from there if they are cheaper, so I'm curious to find out what other peoples experiences are.

I tend to use Kinguin which lists various sellers including G2A. I have got Far Cry 4, Shadow of Mordor, and Civilization: Beyond Earth without any problems and not using their "shield" service.

• 1 year later...

Hello,

As our Marketplace has grown since the time this happened, so did our Support department - if there are any new problems (as well as old, unresolved ones), please feel free to contact us and our Support department will do all they can to provide you with the best solution to your issue. We would also like to apologize for the mixup described by the OP, and can assure you that such situations are a rarity and do not happen right now.

If you have any further questions or doubts, keep in mind that you can always find additional information on G2A's FAQ or by contacting us on live chat or ticket. Our consultants are there for you 24/7.

See you again at G2A

G2A Team

On 11/18/2014 at 10:46 AM, MrCaptainA said:

G2A is an odd site. There are some shady practices regarding some of the keys (misappropriated review keys etc), and as such I don't conduct business with them. That's not to say all sellers aren't legit, but I'd rather not run the risk personally.

If you're looking for a more reputable site to get discounted game keys, try http://www.gamekeysnow.com/

The prices aren't as low, but your experience will by and far be a better one.

That store is horrible.

13 hours ago, G2A_Team said:

Hello,

As our Marketplace has grown since the time this happened, so did our Support department - if there are any new problems (as well as old, unresolved ones), please feel free to contact us and our Support department will do all they can to provide you with the best solution to your issue. We would also like to apologize for the mixup described by the OP, and can assure you that such situations are a rarity and do not happen right now.

If you have any further questions or doubts, keep in mind that you can always find additional information on G2A's FAQ or by contacting us on live chat or ticket. Our consultants are there for you 24/7.

See you again at G2A

G2A Team

What the hell, why would you post on a thread that's two years old?