Do I need a full tower?

Spev

When do you know you need a full tower? I currently have one, I've been strongly considering the Corsair 450D (mid tower) for my new build. I've never owned a mid tower before, so I'm not sure how they are. I have to say the way my desk is setup it's a pain in the ass to get my PC out from under to work on it (with the keyboard tray and all) and I wish it was smaller. This got me thinking, would a mid tower work?

450D: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/obsidian-series-450d-mid-tower-pc-case Any other good mid towers?

Prospective rig specs that will need to fit:

CPU: Intel i7 4790k

Mobo: Asus Z97-AR

GPU: EVGA GTX970 FTW Edition (Possibly SLI in future)

CPU Cooler: BeQuiet DarkRock3 (dual fans), or the DarkRockPro3

Ram: Probably some from Corsair, undecided

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe OR Corsair 780T/Corsair 450D

PSU: I'm not sure, maybe a EVGA or Corsair PSU around 700-800w

SSD/HDD: Not sure yet. Maybe an Intel SSD and a WD HDD or something

Color Scheme: Most of my components are either black, grey, or white. The BeQuiet cooler would fit in, and I'm sure I could find some black ram. Then I could get some white LEDs on my fans, or maybe go with blue actually.

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

No one NEEDS a full tower, they WANT a full tower... :)

"Is that your full tower or are you just happy to see me?" ;)

(My 650D is a great mid tower, though the design is getting on a bit in age.)

GW2: Vettexl.9726

Mid tower would work for pretty much any ATX PC. Only time you really need a full tower is the extra space and better Rad support/options.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

When do you know you need a full tower? I currently have one, I've been strongly considering the Corsair 450D (mid tower) for my new build. I've never owned a mid tower before, so I'm not sure how they are. I have to say the way my desk is setup it's a pain in the ass to get my PC out from under to work on it (with the keyboard tray and all) and I wish it was smaller. This got me thinking, would a mid tower work?

450D: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/obsidian-series-450d-mid-tower-pc-case Any other good mid towers?

Prospective rig specs that will need to fit:

CPU: Intel i7 4790k

Mobo: Asus Z97-AR

GPU: EVGA GTX970 FTW Edition (Possibly SLI in future)

CPU Cooler: BeQuiet DarkRock3 (dual fans), or the DarkRockPro3

Ram: Probably some from Corsair, undecided

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe OR Corsair 780T/Corsair 450D

PSU: I'm not sure, maybe a EVGA or Corsair PSU around 700-800w

SSD/HDD: Not sure yet. Maybe an Intel SSD and a WD HDD or something

Color Scheme: Most of my components are either black, grey, or white. The BeQuiet cooler would fit in, and I'm sure I could find some black ram. Then I could get some white LEDs on my fans, or maybe go with blue actually.

Judging by your build, would a black+white NZXT H440 not fit your bill perfectly?

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Judging by your build, would a black+white NZXT H440 not fit your bill perfectly?

I don't like the case. If I remember correctly it didn't have very good airflow.

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

I don't like the case. If I remember correctly it didn't have very good airflow.

"It doesn't have good airflow" is a random rumor spread around by people who haven't owned one.....

Unless you're running multiple GPUs overclocked as well as a heat-making AMD CPU with a cheap cooler, you'll be fine with the 7 or 8 fans allotted in an H440.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

"Is that your full tower or are you just happy to see me?" ;)

(My 650D is a great mid tower, though the design is getting on a bit in age.)

Mid tower would work for pretty much any ATX PC. Only time you really need a full tower is the extra space and better Rad support/options.

+1 on the Full Tower. For my first build I went with the big brother Corsair 750D. Do I need it? No, but I wanted something that is large and easy to work in. This appears to be a case that will never go out of style (at least anytime soon), so I can use it for future builds and/or modifications such as custom water cooling.

Ditto. Unless you aren't custom-waterloop-ing, a mid tower is enough. You aren't gonna work around the case everyday i presume.  :P

Yup.

Look at ft05/rv05, best cooling and really small

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Just get the full tower and brag on the forum on how roomy it is, how you can easily add things, on how you can add anything and it fits, how you could use it for your next build and save money even though you won't because its old looking. Are those enough to get you to pull the trigger?

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

The GTX 970's don't chuck that much heat out. A H440 would be perfectly fine as long as you have good fans.

Another good mid tower is the Phanteks Enthoo Pro.