SSD for laptop?

Go to solution Solved by HK6,

I upgraded my laptop from a 5400 RPM 500 GB HDD to a 256 GB SSD pretty recently and the difference it makes is astounding. I do a lot of reads/writes on my drive as I'm doing programming at college, and it has held up perfectly. I'm not sure about any other manufacturers, but Samsung provides software that allows you to set the performance of the SSD for longevity.

I have an Inspiron 15 3520. Would it be a good idea to upgrade the drive to an ssd? I heard that excessive writing on an ssd is not really good for them so I don't know what the deal is. This laptop can only fit one drive if that helps.

Putting a SSD into a laptop is one of the best ways to increase performance. 

You will have no problems.

I would recommend ADATA SP900 128 and 256GB SSDs. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

SSD will definitely help. I think a affordable one would be the M500 or MX100.

If you want to add an ssd, but still keep the hdd, you can swap the optical disk drive and get a harddrive caddy and install the ssd with it :D

Of course it will help a lot, it will make the laptop snappier, and turning back to hdd is a pain in the ass

I upgraded my laptop from a 5400 RPM 500 GB HDD to a 256 GB SSD pretty recently and the difference it makes is astounding. I do a lot of reads/writes on my drive as I'm doing programming at college, and it has held up perfectly. I'm not sure about any other manufacturers, but Samsung provides software that allows you to set the performance of the SSD for longevity.

Going from the 5400rpm 750gb in my MBP to this 850Pro made a difference like no other. SSDs are essential to any computer at this point in my opinion, even if you just have one for the OS and some small frequently used applications.

A Hybrid drive could be a great alternative if you have a one drive system. Also, check if your laptop has an m.2 mSATA slot for an mSATA SSD.