Razer Deathadder Chroma Color Accuracy

TheProfosist

So yesterday I picked up a Razer Deathadder Chroma. When in color cycle mode everything is very vibrant except the red to orange then yellow one. When manually setting the colors the default standard orange is very very green. When I created a custom orange I ended up with 255,30,0 (rgb) to get nice deep orange I was happy with. The key seemed to be removing as much green as possible without making it red. This was a real bummer for me because the orange on the SteelSeries Rival is near perfect and I was hoping to replicate it.

I was wondering if anyone else had experience with this mouse and can either confirm or deny my experiences.

Someone out there has to have this mouse too, I hope, maybe.

So yesterday I picked up a Razer Deathadder Chroma. When in color cycle mode everything is very vibrant except the red to orange then yellow one. When manually setting the colors the default standard orange is very very green. When I created a custom orange I ended up with 255,30,0 (rgb) to get nice deep orange I was happy with. The key seemed to be removing as much green as possible without making it red. This was a real bummer for me because the orange on the SteelSeries Rival is near perfect and I was hoping to replicate it.

I was wondering if anyone else had experience with this mouse and can either confirm or deny my experiences.

My friend has one. It doesn't produce very accurate colors, and tends to dull out a lot in color cycle mode (solid is mediocre). Steelseries Rival is great, and I suggest that you just use that one. I don't have good experiences with Razer's overpriced products which also have bad build quality. I tried as hard as I could to like them, but they are just the apple of gaming (minus the build quality).

My friend has one. It doesn't produce very accurate colors, and tends to dull out a lot in color cycle mode (solid is mediocre). Steelseries Rival is great, and I suggest that you just use that one. I don't have good experiences with Razer's overpriced products which also have bad build quality. I tried as hard as I could to like them, but they are just the apple of gaming (minus the build quality).

I have had great experience with razer products one of them being the DA. Its also one of the few mice I can instantly use again after using another mouse for months.

Could you ask your friend if their scroll wheel dims when lifting the mouse because this is another issue that I am having.

@TheProfosist I liked the DA 2013 a lot as well as the 3.5g. Its switches became squishy after a while though.

My friend's DA Chroma does not change at all when lifting the mouse, but it somehow dims when moving the mouse across the surface. I suggest plugging it into another port or doing some kind of mod to allow more electricity to go to the mouse. My laptop (MSI gs60 ghost 3k) has a quick charging port which has a higher energy cap. If you like the DA's shape, check out the ASUS ROG gladius or (as usual) the Steelseries Rival. The Roccat Kone XTD is very comfortable, even though it looks absolutely nothing like the DA. You can never go wrong with Zowie mice, but they lack customizable LED's. The Mionix mice are great, too. The Logitech g502 has no customizable lights (only blue) but has an amazing sensor and fits my hand very well. It is my personal mouse.

The closest comparison to the DA are the Rival, Gladius, and any Zowie mice. Choose whichever fits your hand the most (try it out at a Best Buy).

If I were you, I would RMA the mouse or return it to wherever you got it and get another Deathadder (or any other mouse). I think yours is just a defect. Razer really needs to work on quality control a bit more...

@Asianequation can you try enabling surface calibration and seeing if the scroll wheel dims? I noticed once I turned that off it no longer did it.