Avermedia Live Gamer HD for recording TV shows?

orangecat

So I want to be able to capture my favorite TV shows in 1080P 30FPS so I can rewatch them over and over again and i want the Avermedia Live gamer HD. I want to know if anyone had this capture card and would recommend. I also will be using it for recording gameplay and stuff also. So anyone have something to say about it that might make me change my mind?

http://ncix.com/products/?sku=71523&vpn=AVGMTVLIVGHD&manufacture=AVERMEDIA

It should work perfectly for that.

I dont have personal experience with it, but as far as linuses comments about it go, its very good.

I dont have personal experience with it, but as far as linuses comments about it go, its very good.

I read a review that said there was a audio sync issue and I know Linus has some audio issues on his live stream and in some recordings i think he uses the Avermedia live gamer HD to capture inputs form his cameras if I'm not mistaken.

My room mate owns this card and I haven't heard him speak ill of it yet. I believe that the audio syncing issue was fixed in a firmware update although I could be wrong there. From what I have seen this seems to be one of the most flexible cards on the market.

I read a review that said there was a audio sync issue and I know Linus has some audio issues on his live stream and in some recordings i think he uses the Avermedia live gamer HD to capture inputs form his cameras if I'm not mistaken.

doesnt he use the intensity pro's for that?

My room mate owns this card and I haven't heard him speak ill of it yet. I believe that the audio syncing issue was fixed in a firmware update although I could be wrong there. From what I have seen this seems to be one of the most flexible cards on the market.
yup you are right about that ;)

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz