4790k with z87 chipset

Go to solution Solved by Faceman,

Hey, i have a Maximus VI Gene mobo and purchased a 4790k without thinking of the required bios update to run the cpu. I do NOT have another Cpu to setup the bios and i cant boot with the 4790k any tips

Hey, i have a Maximus VI Gene mobo and purchased a 4790k without thinking of the required bios update to run the cpu. I do NOT have another Cpu to setup the bios and i cant boot with the 4790k any tips?

Hey, i have a Maximus VI Gene mobo and purchased a 4790k without thinking of the required bios update to run the cpu. I do NOT have another Cpu to setup the bios and i cant boot with the 4790k any tips?

since it is an asus board it has a easy flash usb port put a usb stick in the port and hold the bios flash button it sould do it autonamously and all you do is download latest bios and drag and drop on to the usb

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

buy a 4770k and it runs from the start xD

problem is he already bought the devils also nice profile pic

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Hey, i have a Maximus VI Gene mobo and purchased a 4790k without thinking of the required bios update to run the cpu. I do NOT have another Cpu to setup the bios and i cant boot with the 4790k any tips

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Thanks for the fast replies everyone , i think ive got it now lol