Dirt 3 doesn't work on my new windows 8 computer

Go to solution Solved by Deddie,

Have you tried installing Games for Windows Live? http://www.xbox.com/en-US/LIVE/PC/DownloadClient

Emm... can you give us more information? What do you mean by not working? Do you get any error messages? If so what are they? Describe exactly what happens when you try to run it.

First two things to try

Reinstall GfWL

Try running in compatibility mode for Windows 7

After that you're going to need to start giving us more details.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Try running in compatibility mode for Windows 7 with admin. privilege .

THE PIT VIPER SPECS

4790k @ 4.7ghz  (EVGA CLC 360MM) | 32GB Patriot Viper Extreme @2133 mhz | Asus Z97-DELUXE Cooler Master H500M.| EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3

The problem may be related to SecuROM, the anti-piracy security software bulit on to Dirt 3, it stops the game from loading if it detects "questionable" or debugging/some specific programs installed on your system. Because I have plenty of debugging and things like Android SDK on my computer I was never able to get Dirt 3 to run on my particular computer.
You could try using this https://support.securom.com/removaltool.html

but I was unsuccessful, maybe on your system it may work but due to the integration of SecuROM into the actual application, I doubt it 

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Uninstall Dirt 3. Download and install games for windows live from Microsoft (Don't use the bundled installer) Re-install Dirt 3. I've had this problem with Win 7 and 8.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

have you installed games for windows live?

My Meme Proudly Featured on the Live-Stream: http://prodigydoo.com/ImageStorage/memes/linus-meme-6.jpg
Some Threads You Should Get involved in: Linus and Slick Memes     Youtubers on the LTT Forum      The List of Tech YouTubers (Contribute!)      Disable AdBlock for Linus (Guide)