Can't use my USB to install Windows 7!?!

Go to solution Solved by husseinHr,

its ok now. ive been to my friends house and its now up and runnin but thanks for helping :)

I used Boot Camp Assistant on my Mac with OSX 10.7.5 to create a bootable usb flash drive with windows 7 but i can only get to the motherboard screen... I set up the usb to be the first option, saved, etc, but then when i reboot and press F11 it gets to the boot menu and i choose my usb Sandisk (i've tried the UEFI too) but it goes to a black screen with a flashing underscore. why? I've done everything in the tutorials <_<

I downloaded the official ISO image and I do own a product key which I don't need until later.

Current build 20 Dec 2018: Ryzen 5 2600X, EVGA RTX 2070 Black Edition, 16GB 3200MHz Corsair Vengeance, Samsung 500GB 970 Evo NVME M.2 SSD, Gigabyte Aorus B450 M mATX Mobo, Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV mATX Silver case, EVGA 650G3 PSU, BenQ GW2765 27" QHD IPS 100% sRGB, Logitech G403 Mouse, Corsair K65 LUX RGB + Logitech K780 Keyboards, Creative A250 2.1 Speakers, SteelSeries Arctis 3 Bluetooth Headset.

I used Boot Camp Assistant on my Mac with OSX 10.7.5 to create a bootable usb flash drive with windows 7 but i can only get to the motherboard screen... I set up the usb to be the first option, saved, etc, but then when i reboot and press F11 it gets to the boot menu and i choose my usb Sandisk (i've tried the UEFI too) but it goes to a black screen with a flashing underscore. why? I've done everything in the tutorials <_<

I downloaded the official ISO image and I do own a product key which I don't need until later.

Did you try disabling secure boot in UEFI?

Main: i7 2600 | ASUS P8Z68-V | 2x4GB Vengeance 1600 | GTX 580 | WD Blue 1TB | Antec TP-650C | NH U12S | W7 x64

Backup: X6 1090T | MSI K9A2 Platinum | 4x2GB XMS2 800 | GTX 550Ti | WD Blue 1TB |  Antec VP-450 | CM TX3 | W7 x64

hit enter on the flashing underscore? I am not familiar with the Mac stuff, but windows will sometimes ask if you want to boot to the cd some times have to press enter to get it to boot to the disk.

you could have a corrupted ISO image, have you confirmed the hash value of the ISO with microsoft is identical?

Use the quote or multiquote, for faster responses \/ \/

Did you try disabling secure boot in UEFI?

No I haven't.. didn't know about that. I'm going to my friend's house and he's going to get it up an running...

Current build 20 Dec 2018: Ryzen 5 2600X, EVGA RTX 2070 Black Edition, 16GB 3200MHz Corsair Vengeance, Samsung 500GB 970 Evo NVME M.2 SSD, Gigabyte Aorus B450 M mATX Mobo, Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV mATX Silver case, EVGA 650G3 PSU, BenQ GW2765 27" QHD IPS 100% sRGB, Logitech G403 Mouse, Corsair K65 LUX RGB + Logitech K780 Keyboards, Creative A250 2.1 Speakers, SteelSeries Arctis 3 Bluetooth Headset.

hit enter on the flashing underscore? I am not familiar with the Mac stuff, but windows will sometimes ask if you want to boot to the cd some times have to press enter to get it to boot to the disk.

you could have a corrupted ISO image, have you confirmed the hash value of the ISO with microsoft is identical?

I did get a good ISO.. how do i check it's hash value

verify the sha1 hash value, i use hashcalc for windows. mac you can use the terminal instructions http://osxdaily.com/2012/02/05/check-sha1-checksum-in-mac-os-x/

Microsoft has a list of all sha1 hash on their website http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/downloads/

if your value matches the one listed on the website, you have a good matching iso to microsoft.

I did get a good ISO.. how do i check it's hash value

Use the quote or multiquote, for faster responses \/ \/

Some PCs just don't want to boot from a USB stick.  I have one that doesn't boot from a regular stick, but does just fine from an external HDD, from an SD card in an SD->USB adaptor or an external DVD player.

I've read that you can trip some flags to make the PC think that your USB stick is a HDD, but haven't experimented with that myself yet.

its ok now. ive been to my friends house and its now up and runnin but thanks for helping :)