DSLR help!

Overload

What's the best camera and lens combination so that i can get a 1:1 magnification ratio?

Must be Digital SLR at least 15 Megapixel sensor.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated :)

Why must it at least be a 15 Megapixel sensor?

And what you are looking for is a full frame DSLR with a Macro/Micro lens. A budget helps, because if you want, I can suggest a D4 ($6000) and a Nikon AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor 105mm F/2.8 ($900)

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Thanks for the recommendations, It was a request from a friend, those are the specs he was looking for. I believe his budget is around $1200

I would suggest, given the budget, that your friend tries to get a hold of a used Nikon D700. It's a perfect match for his criteria, but like any camera that matches them he will have to pay more than $1200. I would strongly suggest staying away from Canon in the current shape of the market if your friend likes to take any amount of low-light photography. Nikon's cameras are currently so far ahead of Canon in High-ISO (high light sensitivity) performance that unless the camera is intended for use without any dark environs whatsoever it will be the best choice.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

The key to getting a 1:1 magnification ratio is using a macro lens. The choice of lens and body all depends upon your budget and what you will be using it for.

Nikon's cameras are currently so far ahead of Canon in High-ISO (high light sensitivity) performance that unless the camera is intended for use without any dark environs whatsoever it will be the best choice.

There is no need to turn this into the usual Canon vs Nikon debate that usually springs up whenever such a question is asked, but TBH the choice between Canon and Nikon as far as still photography is concerned there days is minimal, in most situations an appropriate body + lens combination from either company will be far more capable than the skills of the average user!

There is no need to turn this into the usual Canon vs Nikon debate

I am not, and I never get into fanboy arguments.

I am simply stating a fact based on current competing cameras from the two brands. On higher ISO settings, the Nikon will produce images with higher colour depth*, higher dynamic range* (darker blacks without turning completely unrecoverable, and lighter whites without being unrecoverable) and less grain than a Canon will, regardless of the glass in front of the sensor.

*these metrics are also superior to Canon no matter what the ISO and light source is.

Source in the link.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

• 3 months later...

Achieving a 1:1 magnification ratio is the tricky part here. You dont actually need a full fledged macro lens to achieve it. 
Consider extension tubes for this purpose. Doing macro photography implies many things. you need to have a rock solid base for the camera which means you need a tripod. shooting at 1:1 needs maximum shutter speed (sync speed w/ flash is 250) and a very high f-stop which all means that you need some form of lighting, be it continuous or flash.

Here are my suggestions.

US $546.95 - Nikon D3200 (24MP, with kit lens) 

US $269.00 - Rokinon 85mm f/1.4

US $009.45 - Extension tubes (2 sets will be all you need)

US $033.99 - Macro Led Ring Light

US $044.99 - Manual Flash (by Yungnuo)

US $031.69 - Wireless Flash Trigger (by Yungnuo)

US $019.95Gorillapod (rated at 6.6lbs)

US $965.47 - Basic getto macro kit that doubles as an outstanding portrait kit ;)

one thing not included in this list is the SD cards. you probably have one already. if you dont, they are less than USD 20, get nothing lower than class 10 ;)