Mega...now up?

codytappen

What do my fellow techies think about Mega?

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

Wait a bit before you use it again, if you did.

Personally I am not a fan of it.

I was never a fan of it.

I would watch out about talking about things like this on the forum as it is against the rules.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Probably FBI honeypot or something alike. I'd wait for a bit to see if it's here to stay. Never used it though, and I don't think I will do it now.

I was never a fan of it.

I would watch out about talking about things like this on the forum as it is against the rules.

There's nothing inherently illegal about Mega, it's just a cloud service like Dropbox, Google Docs etc..

I was never a fan of it.

The FBI seems to think differently last time I checked.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I was never a fan of it.

Mega itself is not illegal, its the fact they didn't ever remove any of the stuff that wasn't legal unless it was forced.

I was never a fan of it.

It's against the rules? I don't mean for people to say that they're gonna go use it to to wicked and evil things... I just felt since this is the news section of the forum and Mega is (whether we like it or not) a moderately important 'internet' issue we should chat about it. I'm sure Linus or Slick would see no harm in that.

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

and its based in my country D: if you read what hes done with the encryption is pretty impressive.

I think that Mega is looking pretty good. I've already tested it with 1 GB of photos. It could max my upload of 1mb/s so better then Rapidshare I guess.

I was never a fan of it.

I HIGHLY doubt talking about MEGA is against any forum rules.

Here is the rules on piracy:

6. Piracy, Copyright Material, Cracks and Product Keys

"Copyright Material" is any material protected by legally recognized copyright;

"Piracy" is the unauthorized copying of software or any material subject to copyright;

"Cracks" are programs that disable copy-protection technology;

A "Key" is a combination of numbers and/or letters required for software installation.

You may not request, distribute, link to or enable any activities which involve the procurement or distribution of pirated software, product cracks or keys or the supply, exchange or distribution of any copyright material including TV recordings. Doing so may result in the termination of your account without notice. In addition, the following violations are grounds for moderator action to your post and/or account:

Seeking help to create or find cracks.

Seeking missing files that are supplied with copyrighted installation CD(s)

Admitting to being involved in the distribution of copyrighted software/media, cracks and product keys.

Requesting or discussing the trade, sale, exchange or supply of any copyrighted material including (but not limited) to TV recordings, DVDs, movies, music, software etc.

Identifying torrents sources or websites where copyright material may be obtained.

Provide or request login details for restricted websites.

Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of our management.

Talking about the launch of MEGA falls very far from any of those rules.

Not as encrypted or as safe as advertised or assumed by people. There has already been an XSS breach in the first week, I'd be careful especially with the US still trying to extradite Kim Dotcom. There are too many redflags that he is already putting up just by funding this website.