Planning a custom PC loop

I am looking to do a full custom CPU water cooling loop and possibly include the gpu in the loop in the future. I am looking for any tips, tricks or critiques in regards to my current idea.

Parts,

1X Define R4 with drive cages removed (yes I know in the picture the drive cages are still there, I wasn't able to find a picture for the loop config that didn't have the drive cages in it.)

1x Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 240mm

1x Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 240mm

1x EK D5 C-res top 140

1X Swiftech MCP655-B

4x corsair Sp120 fans

3/8-5/8 monsoon fittings

3/8-5/8 Primochiill primoflex advanced LRT tubing

Loop

Pump-rad-rad-cpu

Any tips tricks or advice on loop design or component fit/choice would be appreciated.

-Tom

post-40721-0-09727700-1415372882_thumb.j

Nice!

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

I am looking to do a full custom CPU water cooling loop and possibly include the gpu in the loop in the future. I am looking for any tips, tricks or critiques in regards to my current idea.

Parts,

1X Define R4 with drive cages removed (yes I know in the picture the drive cages are still there, I wasn't able to find a picture for the loop config that didn't have the drive cages in it.)

1x Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 240mm

1x Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 240mm

1x EK D5 C-res top 140

1X Swiftech MCP655-B

4x corsair Sp120 fans

3/8-5/8 monsoon fittings

3/8-5/8 Primochiill primoflex advanced LRT tubing

Loop

Pump-rad-rad-cpu

Any tips tricks or advice on loop design or component fit/choice would be appreciated.

-Tom

Great component choice. It seems like you've thought this through expect for the part where you list is missing the water blocks that are going to do all the heat transference.... 

I recommend an EK Supremacy EVO for the CPU and EK water blocks for the GPU down the road. Of course water blocks from XSPC, Koolance, Alphacool, Swiftech etc. will work fine too, up to what look you want. 

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

I will be using an apogee xl CPU block and ek blocks for the gpu.