First build check

Kejimuna

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($319.00 @ PC Force) 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($185.00 @ PC Force) 

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($115.00 @ PC Force) 

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($629.00 @ PC Force) 

Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($94.00 @ Paradigm PCs) 

Power Supply: SeaSonic G 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($146.00 @ Paradigm PCs) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($149.95 @ Computer Lounge) 

Monitor: LG 22MP55HQ-P 60Hz 22.0" Monitor  ($199.95 @ Computer Lounge) 

Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm QuickFire XT Wired Slim Keyboard  ($153.00 @ Paradigm PCs) 

Total: $2264.90

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-07 21:34 NZDT+1300

Last edit for this build I think since I got mostly all the things I want. All I need now is some advice for my PSU I was looking at the one listed here 

Power Supply: SeaSonic G 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($146.00 @ Paradigm PCs) and this one Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($129.99 @ Mighty Ape) Is there a big difference between them and the fact that ones 80+ bronze and the other 80+ gold?

Efficiency is pretty unnoticeable between gold and bronze. The only difference is you'll have another ~47W to play with. I can't find much fault with the build other than the ram and motherboard not matching, that's it.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($319.00 @ PC Force) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($185.00 @ PC Force) 
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($115.00 @ PC Force) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($629.00 @ PC Force) 
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($94.00 @ Paradigm PCs) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic G 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($146.00 @ Paradigm PCs) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($149.95 @ Computer Lounge) 
Monitor: LG 22MP55HQ-P 60Hz 22.0" Monitor  ($199.95 @ Computer Lounge) 
Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm QuickFire XT Wired Slim Keyboard  ($153.00 @ Paradigm PCs) 
Total: $2264.90
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-07 21:34 NZDT+1300

Last edit for this build I think since I got mostly all the things I want. All I need now is some advice for my PSU I was looking at the one listed here 
Power Supply: SeaSonic G 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($146.00 @ Paradigm PCs) and this one Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($129.99 @ Mighty Ape) Is there a big difference between them and the fact that ones 80+ bronze and the other 80+ gold?

This is pretty good, I'd go with the corsair because i have more experience with them but its well balanced

Efficiency is pretty unnoticeable between gold and bronze. The only difference is you'll have another ~47W to play with. I can't find much fault with the build other than the ram and motherboard not matching, that's it.

Don't know if I should match ram with mobo, since I have no idea what to swap it with as well. I'll be holding on to this build till christmas to start picking up things off this list since assume some things will drop in price a bit, because everything is overpriced here in New Zealand... So maybe I'll change the case to the NZXT S340 if it makes it to the NZ market in time

This is pretty good, I'd go with the corsair because i have more experience with them but its well balanced

I don't know what to get since the corsair is cheaper...

Don't know if I should match ram with mobo, since I have no idea what to swap it with as well. I'll be holding on to this build till christmas to start picking up things off this list since assume some things will drop in price a bit, because everything is overpriced here in New Zealand... So maybe I'll change the case to the NZXT S340 if it makes it to the NZ market in time

http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/part/kingston-memory-khx16c9t3k28x

OR

http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/part/kingston-memory-khx16c9b1bk28

If you can, go Seasonic. They are one of the best PSU manufacturers on the market even thou they are not cheap. And they make

Difference in efficiency is small but difference in quality of the components is noticeable between gold and bornze. Capacitors with higher temp rate and better build quality. So PSU should remain its efficiency for longer.

also check

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=323

ps: evga has pretty good PSUs too

ps2: regarding HDD if you have money, then go with 2 or 3 TB they have better price/tb

Lenovo E330 i5-3230M, 8GB RAM, 250GB Samsung msata SSD

mostly paired with LG 25UM55 ultrawide + 3TB WD Elements

Trackpoint rulezz!!

Those two seem to be incompatible with the i5 4690k, it seems to exceed the 1.5 volts

They still work. Intel just prefers 1.5V or under.

They still work. Intel just prefers 1.5V or under.

Can you explain in detail about this

the case that you have chosen gets finger prints easily

I'm not sure if I want this 100% I'm still waiting to see if NZXT S340 comes to NZ market anytime soon

I'm not sure if I want this 100% I'm still waiting to see if NZXT S340 comes to NZ market anytime soon

if not you could get it shipped from ausralia

u wot m7+1

It feel unsure if I want to buy outside of NZ because if I get it shipped from another country it's gonna be a pain when I find it in pieces, I know that's unlikely to happen but I like being safe. As well warranty would be a pain.

Not in detail... no :/

Is there big cons from doing this?

Is there big cons from doing this?

Not really. I've seen people running 1.65V ram in Haswell builds. If you really want to be on the safe side then get 1.5V ram.

Not really. I've seen people running 1.65V ram in Haswell builds. If you really want to be on the safe side then get 1.5V ram.

I have no idea because I don't know if there's a risk to doing this if its healthy or not

I asked a store they said it would take some time before it becomes available in NZ, only downside is I might have to wait around 1-2 months

Do you think there's enough head room to overclock CPU and GPU using the seasonic 550w?