COD AW Crashing/Locking up. Need help.

Psykomantis00

Alright so I've had this issue with COD AW that I can play the game fine, but after a game or two it will lock up and requires me to log out to close the program. I have most settings on the highest they will go and the game runs great until it locks up. I recorded some gameplay to show you what happens. Skip to the end to see the game lock up. Somewhere in the middle is the network error message I get about every other game. 

So far what I've done...

New drivers from AMD.

Reinstalled the game. 

Turned my overclock off. 

Ran the game in safe mode on the lowest settings. 

I'm not sure what else I can do. I have two friends that have the game on pc and have no issues. I don't have any issues with any other game so it's not a hardware issue. 

PC Specs

AMD FX 8350 OC to 4.6ghz

Radeon 7990 OC'd as far as it will go.

Dominator platinum 1866 ram (16gb).

Asus Crosshair Formula Z motherboard with latest bios. 

Disregard the gameplay. I'm bad, I know. I haven't played COD in a year because Ghost sucked a bag of dicks and my mouse gets super sensitive sometimes for no reason if I alt tab.

I read that recording and other programs in the background can cause the game to crash. For your mouse issues I heard that it's engine related. TotalBiscuit mentioned it recently in one of his videos. A quick google search brought this up :

To fix the mouse acceleration sensitivity issue in Call of Duty Advanced Warfare you have to change the polling rate of your mouse to 125hz

Maybe turning shadows, cache sun shadows maps & cache spot shadow map off could help with the crash.

MSI X99S SLI PLUS  // Intel Core i7-5960X Processor (8 x 3.0 GHz) // Corsair Hydro Series H80i Cooling // 32 GB DDR4 High End Crucial 2133 MHz RAM

2 x 4096 MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 //2 x 500 GB SATA III Samsung 840 EVO SSD // 4000 GB SATA III, 7200upm // 1000 Watt Silverstone Strider SS //Creative Sound Blaster Z

Cooler Master Cosmos II Big Tower (ATX)

I read that recording and other programs in the background can cause the game to crash. For your mouse issues I heard that it's engine related. TotalBiscuit mentioned it recently in one of his videos. A quick google search brought this up :

This. Also, make sure you aren't running MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision X or any other monitoring tool that has an in-game overlay.

Tore my pc apart last night and gave it a good cleaning. It was dusty as fuck so I'm sure that was a big part of it. I found out one of my fans on my H110 is failing (one failed previously). So I took two of the corsair sp120's from the front and just put them on top in a push pull configuration. CPU temps are way better. Case temps did go up some but very minor till I get more fans. I also formatted and reinstalled win8.1 and the game and so far I haven't had a lock up yet, although the gpu drivers did crash and auto repair but it did require me to restart the game. I think my issue has been solved. 

This might help. Haven't played it, but I guess the shadow cache setting is FUBAR and turning it off helps a lot of people.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=923788

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.