Noctua Black Fans

Xantac

The new blacks look great In my opinion, I just hope they can keep the price down competitively. It was nice to see them also offer budget oriented models(grey?), we'll see. The new blacks are on my wishlist now.

http://youtu.be/E7Y9dV0XX6s

I'm looking forward to the 200mm fans that were prototypes at the booth. I use a Cooler Master Haf X and, to get the best possible airflow out of it, I use three 200mm fans. I'd love to have silent 200mm fans because then my computer probably wouldn't even make noise.

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

"Unfortunately some news about our Computex booth and showcases are quite misleading. Currently we have no plans to release a black version of our latest products. The black fans we had on show were industrial versions of the NF-F12 and NF-A14 series, which will have much higher speeds than the retail products (2000+rpm). They probably will be available in some retail stores but they are not intended as mainstream products and are definitely nothing for the silent enthusiast."

Here is an email response inquiring about black noctua fans. Sorry guys it appears the color scheme is not changing just yet.

"Unfortunately some news about our Computex booth and showcases are quite misleading. Currently we have no plans to release a black version of our latest products. The black fans we had on show were industrial versions of the NF-F12 and NF-A14 series, which will have much higher speeds than the retail products (2000+rpm). They probably will be available in some retail stores but they are not intended as mainstream products and are definitely nothing for the silent enthusiast."

Here is an email response inquiring about black noctua fans. Sorry guys it appears the color scheme is not changing just yet.

This is what I thought. All my hopes and dreams destroyed ;_;

Current rig: i5 2500k & Gtx 560ti With Filco MJ1 TKL & Neutron Gtx 120gb SSD

i don't get noctua...they could release a black version with red/green/white/black/blue rubber isolation things for the corners and charge 30$....and they would sell a lot of them.

Pretty much as I suspected. It is a tricky one this, because if they made black ones, they'd probably get new sales, but they would lose their identity and to many be considered as sell outs. Noctua right now are for people who prefers function over form, to engineers that is the best customer base :D

I got this email from noctua this morning.

"we will also have the redux series later this year, which will bring different colored versions of popular fans which are no longer the top model but in return they will be a bit cheaper as well.
While they won't be black, they will come in a color scheme that should appeal to those who don't like the usual colors."

the only bad thing about the noctua colours are the colours but everyone can tell from a mile away if they are noctuas not some other generic brand

Spoiler

CPU: i5-6600k MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2800Mhz 15-15-15-35, GPU: Sapphire R9 290 SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2, Cooling: EK supremecy EVO ,EK-FC R9 290X with backplate, XSPC EX240 Crossflow & Alphacool UT60 240mm, XSPC D5 Bayres w/ Alphacool VPP655, 7/16-5/8 Compressions/Tubing, Noctua NF-F12 x4 PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 http://valid.x86.fr/8g2m02

the only bad thing about the noctua colours are the colours but everyone can tell from a mile away if they are noctuas not some other generic brand

...But am i right in thinking Noctua fans can be taken apart ver easily? If so, then painting them it also an option!

...But am i right in thinking Noctua fans can be taken apart ver easily? If so, then painting them it also an option!

From what I've heard, that's not the case, but I guess that depends on who you're asking :P Also, painting is a big no no... painting will most likely upset the balance and the aerodynamics of the fan, making it perform worse. Dying, perhaps 

I actually dont mind the colour of the noctua fans. What i am interested in tho is the noice cancellation feature. It would be good to have this tech on graphics cards so we can have epic cooling with less noise.

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

i have read a few places where people have tried and destroyed their fans when they tried to but i cant remember which ones

Spoiler

CPU: i5-6600k MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2800Mhz 15-15-15-35, GPU: Sapphire R9 290 SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2, Cooling: EK supremecy EVO ,EK-FC R9 290X with backplate, XSPC EX240 Crossflow & Alphacool UT60 240mm, XSPC D5 Bayres w/ Alphacool VPP655, 7/16-5/8 Compressions/Tubing, Noctua NF-F12 x4 PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 http://valid.x86.fr/8g2m02

If I was them, I'd keep the color, because then you always know if someone is using Noctua. It's actually better than advertising.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I think they said black ones were for a professionnal market. I don't understand it as professionnal fans can look ugly and no one will bother.

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

i have read a few places where people have tried and destroyed their fans when they tried to but i cant remember which ones

Oh god! I didn't think think this would be a problem, thanks for the advice

I got this email from noctua this morning.

"we will also have the redux series later this year, which will bring different colored versions of popular fans which are no longer the top model but in ret. y will be a bit cheaper as well.

While they won't be black, they will come in a color scheme that should appeal to those who don't like the usual colors."

Yeyyy yey yey yey yey! I love Noctua, but i just can't spend the money on sleeving my psu and making my rig look nice and then add some fans that son't fit the colour scheme!

i belive they said that those are "industrial" market fans

this means you will probobly cant get it if you are not a factory or somthing

and they said it will be prrety loud