Is this guy serious?

Ubisoft recently tweeted out the Pv specs for far cry 4 and I saw this as one of the replies

XUPqxMB.jpg

As you can see, I left a reply of my own to speak my mind. Am I the only one that thinks this guys is ridiculous? Ubisoft has proven time and time again that they just don't do the best for PC gamers and here this guy is. Also correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the PC market pretty decent for Ubisoft?

Just thought I'd share this to see what you guys think on the topic.

He probably is serious. But that does not mean he is right. There is more active steam users than ps4 and xbox one users combined. Not to say the directly translates into a larger audience for them to market to but needless to say it's vast.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

our*

He probably is serious. But that does not mean he is right. There is more active steam users than ps4 and xbox one users combined. Not to say the directly translates into a larger audience for them to market to but needless to say it's vast.

really? can I get some sauce on this?

317 is watching. 317 is everywhere. 317 is life.

The PC market is marginal, like 1 in 10 sales are on PC, 

There is more active steam users than ps4 and xbox one users combined.

However many people have steam just to play Dota and CS:GO isn't really relevant to this point, a good half of the computers on steam are complete toasters, with Hd 4000s or 9800Gts

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

He's a console peasant, did you really expect him to say something intelligent?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Marginal? More like 2nd most profitable platform in Ubisoft's latest quarter reports.

ubir25s8s.jpg

https://www.ubisoftgroup.com/en-us/press/detail.aspx?cid=tcm:99-154493-16&ctid=tcm:95-27313-32

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

Ubisoft recently tweeted out the Pv specs for far cry 4 and I saw this as one of the replies

I don't even get mad anymore. I used to bother correcting people, but then I realized most are just paid for advertising. Head to a sub forum on IGN having to do with a graphics comparison, or FPS or the PC, click on peoples profiles and you will see them posting 24/7 to promote one console over the other, diss PC or straight up sell technical fairytales.

I legit saw this on IGN about a month ago.

"60 FPS has been proven to cause seizures" and it had a link to a blog with a "study". The comment was upvoted  a ton to (you can upvote a comment on IGN with a Guest account to manipulate the forum).

For a laugh? Check out this guy. People actually linked this guys stuff all over IGN and other sites (pretty sure he was banned from Neogaf), saying their was a hidden GPU in the Xbox One and all other kinds of crazy crap. 

http://misterxmedia.livejournal.com/

All this is, is a MS astroturfing site that can sell BS to little kids who eat it up. The person is too knowledgeable by half, claimed to be a "insider", and no one with the tech background he has would believe the BS he is selling. People like this? Do not exist, other than as illegal advertising (astroturfing). This is simply the world we live in now. You have to tread through a lot of BS to get an honest review or opinion of anything.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

I don't even get mad anymore. I used to bother correcting people, but then I realized most are just paid for advertising. Head to a sub forum on IGN having to do with a graphics comparison, or FPS or the PC, click on peoples profiles and you will see them posting 24/7 to promote one console over the other, diss PC or straight up sell technical fairytales.

I legit saw this on IGN about a month ago.

"60 FPS has been proven to cause seizures" and it had a link to a blog with a "study". The comment was upvoted a ton to (you can upvote a comment on IGN with a Guest account to manipulate the forum).

For a laugh? Check out this guy. People actually linked this guys stuff all over IGN and other sites (pretty sure he was banned from Neogaf), saying their was a hidden GPU in the Xbox One and all other kinds of crazy crap.

http://misterxmedia.livejournal.com/

All this is, is a MS astroturfing site that can sell BS to little kids who eat it up. The person is too knowledgeable by half, claimed to be a "insider", and no one with the tech background he has would believe the BS he is selling. People like this? Do not exist, other than as illegal advertising (astroturfing). This is simply the world we live in now. You have to tread through a lot of BS to get an honest review or opinion of anything.

Damn. Didn't know things were this bad

Damn. Didn't know things were this bad

Yeah if you look at the news forums we constantly make fun of WCCFTECH for posting inaccurate stuff. What a surprise that they posted this.

http://wccftech.com/rumormicrosoft-xbox-possibly-feature-discrete-gpu-core-stacked-main-soc/

I usually check someones profile/twitter before arguing with them. Post history will show who they are and you know not to waste your time. Genuine people? I try to be as nice as possible to them while explaining stuff, because I realize they have been sold tons of inaccurate information and often see us as "elitists".

When we are mean to the genuine people or fall for bait from the trolls? We enforce that image they have been sold. So try not to fall for the bait, and help the genuine people as best you can, and realize they only know what they are told. They aren't stupid, just misinformed :).

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

He's a console peasant, did you really expect him to say something intelligent?

This. You won't believe how many stupid comments I've seen on YouTube from console peasants. I watched a GTAV trailer and scrolled down.... instant autism, my brain was seriously in pain.....

This. You won't believe how many stupid comments I've seen on YouTube from console peasants. I watched a GTAV trailer and scrolled down.... instant autism, my brain was seriously in pain.....

I know a few who still think they are getting 4k gaming....

I know a few who still think they are getting 4k gaming....

yeah they think DX12 is going to be the saviour of their dated console and it's gonna give em 4k @ 60fps, it's funny but REALLY sad at the same time...

yeah they think DX12 is going to be the saviour of their dated console and it's gonna give em 4k @ 60fps, it's funny but REALLY sad at the same time...

Especially considering they don't realize you can't have 4k without a 4k monitor. Some realize that ps4 will only supposedly get 4k videos "with a special cable". As if a cable alone could increase graphical fidelity.

People who think PC gaming market is marginal probably don't see the trends that have happened in the last 10 years. There was a bad time but with the explosion of digital games distribution things turned around.

Especially considering they don't realize you can't have 4k without a 4k monitor. Some realize that ps4 will only supposedly get 4k videos "with a special cable". As if a cable alone could increase graphical fidelity.

ahahaha

The gaming and tech industry has way too much misinformation floating around these days. We should all do our part to ensure only good information is spread =D.

Oh, and I am of the firm belief that if you are going to half-ass (or purposefully downgrade, gimp, break or otherwise hinder) a product on a platform, you might as well leave that platform out. I rather have people bitch about the lack of a game on a platform than get something broken like Watch Dogs was (and still is, as of the last patch breaking SLI) or Titanfall, waiting months for fixes if they even ever occur. 

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday