Windows 8.1 U1 Scaling Issues

Resonance

Hello all,

I just upgraded my PC recently and decided to give my old parts to my dad. So, when I finished my build and installed windows, everything was fine when I installed my drivers for video. However, this was on one of my 23' 1920x1080 HP monitors. I went to move the PC after I was done to his room and booted it back up. After it booted, I realized that I couldn't see most of my task bar and the scaling was too large. 

I went through trouble shooting, as in trying to fix the scaling through the Nvidia Control Panel (my old card was a gtx 560), with only faults pursuing. This issue was apparent whenever I was connecting straight hdmi-hdmi, however, the scaling sort of fixes itself if I do dvi-hdmi. The resolution is set fine after that but the icons are way too big, so I just went and scaled them all down. It's a bit irritating having this limitation and quality. My dad's monitor is a Samsung 27' Monitor/TV. It worked perfectly with an older computer with scaling, just not now. Not sure if it's a windows issue, though, I didn't have any scaling issues on my HP or my other 23' Samsung monitor, just this one. I see this scaling issue a lot when connecting to a TV but I'm not sure why it's happening now. I have the most updated version of the 560 drivers and tried rolling them back and still no help. Is there some sort of hidden Nvidia utility that I'm missing? Because when I try to resize the monitor, the scaling issue still persists, just at a different magnification (with hdmi-hdmi not with dvi-hdmi).

Also, when I do start up the 27' Samsung TV it sets itself to 1650x1050 or some odd resolution of that sort, even though natively it is supposed to be 1920x1080. I tried messing with the menu settings within the monitor itself to see if I could solve it but there aren't settings for resolution. Not sure why it auto does the resolution with the 560 as the output. Is it just an issue with... TV's with newer graphics cards?

Does anyone know why this issue persists? Thank you.

Intel Core i7-4790k | ASUS 4GB GTX 970 | 32GB (4X8GB) DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum

ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro + WD 2TB Storage | Corsair Hydro H100i | Windows 8.1 64bit

to be honest i just dont like to read it all next time try to make it short 

if i helped you and im right give me best answer ok  ;)

to be honest i just dont like to read it all next time try to make it short 

Well, it's just to prevent multiple questions about what I've already tried, basically to reduce clutter and to get responses that can actually benefit me and anyone else who has this problem.

Remove all your old drivers and install fresh new ones.

I'll go ahead and try that again and see if it does re-image the monitor.

Intel Core i7-4790k | ASUS 4GB GTX 970 | 32GB (4X8GB) DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum

ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro + WD 2TB Storage | Corsair Hydro H100i | Windows 8.1 64bit

Hey Lingering, I installed the drivers, then restarted the computer. At first the display was at a odd resolution but then Windows fixed itself to the proper resolution. It seems that fixed it, somehow. I looked into programs and features, there are no installed drivers for Nvidia but when I open up GPU-Z it shows that it's running the 344.62 drivers. It's interesting how that works. However, it seems to be an okay fix, I'll try to see if games run properly in a bit. Thanks.