Kraken g10

Is the kraken g10 even worth it?

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

only if you have a top end card really and cant be asked to do a custom loop

depending on the gpu i got mine 100mhz higher gtx 780

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

only if you have a top end card really and cant be asked to do a custom loop

Is my card considered top end? xD

depending on the gpu i got mine 100mhz higher gtx 780

Hmmm is the performance gain worth the $$?

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Is my card considered top end? xD

Hmmm is the performance gain worth the $$?

yes your card is high end but instead of the bracket i would save up for custom loop

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

How well does your card overclock? Whats limiting it, is it heat or is it the card itself? If its heat, then the G10 will let you overclock further; if its the card itself, then the only difference will be that it will run cooler. 

yes your card is high end but instead of the bracket i would save up for custom loop

Theres quite a bit price difference between a custom loop and a g10.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

How well does your card overclock? Whats limiting it, is it heat or is it the card itself? If its heat, then the G10 will let you overclock further; if its the card itself, then the only difference will be that it will run cooler. 

if you think about it not really okay 240-280mm aio for cpu 100-140$ bracket 30$ aio 140-120mm 70-90$ =200-260$ that is about entry custom loop range

if you think about it not really okay 240-280mm aio for cpu 100-140$ bracket 30$ aio 140-120mm 70-90$ =200-260$ that is about entry custom loop range

Except, a 120mm AIO for the gpu can be had for $50 (H55 is plenty for overclocking on stock bios). $100~+50+30=180. 

You're not getting anywhere near a custom loop for $180. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Except, a 120mm AIO for the gpu can be had for $50 (H55 is plenty for overclocking on stock bios). $100~+50+30=180. 

You're not getting anywhere near a custom loop for $180. 

true bu ti looked jumping to h90 from anything below that dropped temps also when i was using it the pump shit out on itt and the gpu bricked itsef so be carful and they did accept the rma

true bu ti looked jumping to h90 from anything below that dropped temps also when i was using it the pump shit out on itt and the gpu bricked itsef so be carful and they did accept the rma

I check my temps ever so often just make sure my pump is still running. Should the gpu not have shut down before burning up?
Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Alternatively, you get a custom loop; the pump burns out (the system fails to shut down), and you lose both a cpu and a gpu :P

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Yes it is absolutely 100% worth it. Especially with your GPU. Buy the H55 + G10 and you're good to go.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Maybe an scrappy eBay custom loop. If you want real quality parts for a CPU + GPU custom loop, you're looking at $600 minimum, and thats a generous minimum.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Maybe an scrappy eBay custom loop. If you want real quality parts for a CPU + GPU custom loop, you're looking at $600 minimum, and thats a generous minimum.

unless you get an apa col kit with a waterblock that runs about 300-400

unless you get an apa col kit with a waterblock that runs about 300-400

They won't perform as well as a dedicated CPU + GPU AIO because those kits are for a small amount of radiator space. And those kits don't include GPU water blocks so add another $100-$120. In the U.S., you can do a GPU + CPU with dedicated AIOs for well under $200 that keeps both components under 50C.

Of course with a custom loop you get expandability, and it looks beautiful, but from a sheer performance perspective, you can get the same for less money.

They won't perform as well as a dedicated CPU + GPU AIO because those kits are for a small amount of radiator space. And those kits don't include GPU water blocks so add another $100-$120. In the U.S., you can do a GPU + CPU with dedicated AIOs for well under $200 that keeps both components under 50C.

Of course with a custom loop you get expandability, and it looks beautiful, but from a sheer performance perspective, you can get the same for less money.

i added the money for more rad space and a waer block the kit costs 200 dollars

I would say the card itself. The card now runs at 70-80 degrees C(depending on the weather) with the voltages maxed out at afterburner under load

Yes it is absolutely 100% worth it. Especially with your GPU. Buy the H55 + G10 and you're good to go.

Hmmm but im afraid that my case doesnt have rad support.... i was actually thinking of going 2way crossfire 290x but heat might be an issue

I would say the card itself. The card now runs at 70-80 degrees C(depending on the weather) with the voltages maxed out at afterburner under load

Hmmm but im afraid that my case doesnt have rad support.... i was actually thinking of going 2way crossfire 290x but heat might be an issue

If you get a 120mm AIO, you can place it as the rear exhaust.  Use it on the top card in your Xfire setup.  This should keep temperatures down.

Here is a mini-guide

If you get a 120mm AIO, you can place it as the rear exhaust.  Use it on the top card in your Xfire setup.  This should keep temperatures down.

Here is a mini-guide

My top card already has a beastly cooler (it only fits in the top) and i am planning to get the MSI one for the bottem.... Shouldnt i cool the bottom one?

My top card already has a beastly cooler (it only fits in the top) and i am planning to get the MSI one for the bottem.... Shouldnt i cool the bottom one?

The top card is typically the card that runs hotter.

It sounds like you will only have room for one AIO, so cool which ever you prefer.  Maybe switch the MSI to the top, throw the G10 on it, and place the Tri-X Cooler, which is very good, on the bottom.

The top card is typically the card that runs hotter.

It sounds like you will only have room for one AIO, so cool which ever you prefer.  Maybe switch the MSI to the top, throw the G10 on it, and place the Tri-X Cooler, which is very good, on the bottom.

The tri-x cooler doesnt fit at the bottom xD

The tri-x cooler doesnt fit at the bottom xD

ahh, well, you will be fine regardless I think.  Since the bottom card is under water, it wont kick out as much heat, so the top card wont get as hot, and the TriX is a great cooler.

Yeah I love my G10! I only got it because I got a really good deal on a H105 (Seller didn't know what he had- Still sealed and only $60!) Anyway, my GPU doesn't get higher than 45 degrees under full load. Its so quiet I love it. I don't know much about the R9 290x, but you'll probably want to pick up some VRM heatsinks too. The G10 doesn't do a great job of cooling that. For my GTX 780, I got these http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835708009 and these ones http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835708011

edit to fix link

ahh, well, you will be fine regardless I think.  Since the bottom card is under water, it wont kick out as much heat, so the top card wont get as hot, and the TriX is a great cooler.

Thanks for the help! :D

Yeah I love my G10! I only got it because I got a really good deal on a H105 (Seller didn't know what he had- Still sealed and only $60!) Anyway, my GPU doesn't get higher than 45 degrees under full load. Its so quiet I love it. I don't know much about the R9 290x, but you'll probably want to pick up some VRM heatsinks too. The G10 doesn't do a great job of cooling that. For my GTX 780, I got these http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835708009 and these ones http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835708011

edit to fix link

Hmmm but i'll be putting the g10 on 1 gpu only... Would i be able to push both cards evenly? even with the other card having a tri-x cooler on it