Rate this build

Recon97

What are you using it for? Res? Quality? Is it even for gaming?

What are you using it for? Res? Quality? Is it even for gaming?

Answered in starting post

Answered

Where? i see "MAIN WORK : Gaming" What res? Multiple Monitor? What settings do you like to play at? 

Where? i see "MAIN WORK : Gaming" What res? Multiple Monitor? What settings do you like to play at? 

Did you even open the link?

Everything at Ultra.

Only gaming and gaming only? Depends on the resolution you are playing on, but still, overkill.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

get a nzxt rgb hue

CPU:AMD FX-8320, RAM:Kingston Fury Black Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600, GPU:MSI Radeon R9 280, Case:Cooler Master 690 III, PSU:Thermaltake Smart 650W

Storage:WD Purple 1TB, CPU Cooler:Hyper 212 EVO, Keyboard:SCI Granite, OS:win 8.1 64bit, Display:Samsung SyncMaster SA100, Mouse:CM Storm Spawn

Did you even open the link?

Everything at Ultra.

Yes, sir, Parts don't answer questions. I could use 2x 290x 8GB in crossfire and play 720p 30FPS. In my opinion go for one 980 and add another SSD for raid. It's only 1440p Monitor. If I am correct a 980 should be fine. 

Yes, sir, Parts don't answer questions. I could use 2x 290x 8GB in crossfire and play 720p 30FPS. In my opinion go for one 980 and add another SSD for raid. It's only 1440p Monitor. If I am correct a 980 should be fine. 

It will in coming year(s).It will help to run most demanding games.

It will in coming year(s).It will help to run most demanding games.

I do not much like the idea of future proofing a PC. I would go one 980 and upgrade two gens from now. 

Even though you managed to put this build togheter for less than 2000 dollars, I'm gonna give you some food for thought:

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X60 98.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler - The X61 has a better pump and you can control the pump colors if I'm not wrong.

Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VII FORMULA ATX LGA1150 Motherboard - If you're dropping $300 for a motherboard you better make use of all (or as many as possible) features it has. If you're just gonna try some mild overclocking and a tweak or two, there are boards just as good but for 2/3 the price.

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro Series 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive - Not worth the premium for the difference in performance if compared to a 840 EVO or a MX100. If the most demanding thing you'll be using your rig for is gamong, you are probably aware that the afore mentioned performance difference won't make your gaming experience any better, maybe just gonna make a few loading times slightly quicker. Not worth the extra $100.

Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 980 4GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) - Why get a reference card? It runs hotter and louder than probably any aftermarket card so I don't see why. I'd go with a board with the Gigabyte or ASUS coolers. Also, I wouldn't get two cards right away. Buy just one, try it out and see how it performs with the games you want to play. If needed, get the second one.

Power Supply: Corsair 860W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply - Overkill. Too much power is just gonna make your (parents) bills more expensive. I think 700W would be the sweet spot here.

Headphones: Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Black Headset - Not worth $250. I believe the following headsets are better bang for the buck and might even be better overall than the Sennheiser option: A40, HyperX Cloud, V1500 and, if you really wanna go big or go home, I'd add $50 and get the ATH-AG1. Also, if you're willing to drop $250 on a headset, why not get a headphone + mic solution? You'll get better quality overall.

It's your money, and your budget might even be higher than what you're gonna spend here, but I don't think that "wasting" the cash is ever good. Save a little bit here and there and you might find yourself with enough money for a side 1080p monitor, a better GPU solution, more SSD/HDD space, etc.

Good luck.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon