can i set Windows 7/8 libraries to a nas drive?

Go to solution Solved by GoodBytes,

Games are normally saved in 'My documents'... and I'll pop the champagne the say a dev will wake up, and actually instead of treating your 'My documents' folder as a trash bin, and use the Save Games folders. That will a day of celebration. Anyway.

All you have to do is access the properties of 'My Documents' folder, and you'll see a tab called 'Location'. From there you can specific a new location for it on another drive or network drive (so your NAS), and Windows will transfer/move everything to the new location, and now 'My Document' will be linked to that new location. Pretty neat.

Libraries in Windows are just a folder showing a collection of folders in 1 place.

I don't want all my savegames and general configuration data on my SSD (c:) due to the space it chews up. Can they be stored on a NAS? Does it introduce any problems having this kind of setup?

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

Games are normally saved in 'My documents'... and I'll pop the champagne the say a dev will wake up, and actually instead of treating your 'My documents' folder as a trash bin, and use the Save Games folders. That will a day of celebration. Anyway.

All you have to do is access the properties of 'My Documents' folder, and you'll see a tab called 'Location'. From there you can specific a new location for it on another drive or network drive (so your NAS), and Windows will transfer/move everything to the new location, and now 'My Document' will be linked to that new location. Pretty neat.

Libraries in Windows are just a folder showing a collection of folders in 1 place.