Enthoo Pro or Enthoo Luxe?

khchewy

Hi

What advantage does the Enthoo Luxe actually hold over the Pro, apart from the aluminium construction, lighting effects, and extra included fan?

Is the build any more solid?

Are there any features I've missed

Because the Luxe in Australia is a heft 70AUD more expensive than the Pro at 189AUD from my trusted retailer

And chuck in a 2m lighting strip (because why the heck not, got the Luxe anyway) and for vanity's sake, add another 25AUD

So it's almost double the price of an Enthoo Pro

Is it worth it?

"lolwatrudoin"

"i do what i want"

For that much more no but that Led strip  :wub:

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

@khchewy, this is kind of something you have to decide mate. What you feel is the best value for money.

Oh, and.....it's great to see yet another fellow Aussie on this mostly American/Canadian forum. :)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

@khchewy, this is kind of something you have to decide mate. What you feel is the best value for money.

Oh, and.....it's great to see yet another fellow Aussie on this mostly American/Canadian forum. :)

yeah, i just feel 95AUD isn't that worth it for illumination and an extra fan which I probably will ditch if I go ahead and watercool in the future

i don't know if i'm going to notice the difference with aluminium construction, probably just added weight when I lug my rig around

haha

hi

For that much more no but that Led strip   :wub:

liiiiiiiiights

"lolwatrudoin"

"i do what i want"

I personally own an Enthoo Pro and I love it.  I don't think that those additional features are worth the extra 70AUD.

The features are:

2x SSD Brackets

External Lighting

Extra Fan Space on top of the case, under the shroud

At first, I really wanted the Luxe just for the extra Fan space under the shroud.  But after reassessing, I don't think its worth it for an additional $50 USD.  Unless you plan to go extensive custom loop water cooling, buy the Pro.  You can't find a better case for the money than the Phanteks Enthoo Pro.  The window is really not all that bad.  Mine did come scratched because the toolbox came loose, but I contacted Phanteks and within 10 hours I had received an email, a telephone call, and a tracking number for my new window all free of charge.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I personally own an Enthoo Pro and I love it.  I don't think that those additional features are worth the extra 70AUD.

The features are:

2x SSD Brackets

External Lighting

Extra Fan Space on top of the case, under the shroud

At first, I really wanted the Luxe just for the extra Fan space under the shroud.  But after reassessing, I don't think its worth it for an additional $50 USD.  Unless you plan to go extensive custom loop water cooling, buy the Pro.  You can't find a better case for the money than the Phanteks Enthoo Pro.  The window is really not all that bad.  Mine did come scratched because the toolbox came loose, but I contacted Phanteks and within 10 hours I had received an email, a telephone call, and a tracking number for my new window all free of charge.

Oh nice

props to Phanteks customer service

Yeah I'm leaning towards the same conclusion as well

I do plan to watercool, but I feel like the Pro would be adequate, seeing as the frame and dimensions between the Pro and Luxe are basically identical

"lolwatrudoin"

"i do what i want"

Oh nice

props to Phanteks customer service

Yeah I'm leaning towards the same conclusion as well

I do plan to watercool, but I feel like the Pro would be adequate, seeing as the frame and dimensions between the Pro and Luxe are basically identical

For watercooling, the only benefit between that the Luxe offers is the extra space on top of the case for fans.  If you plan to do a custom loop, then you might want to consider the Luxe, as it will allow you to use bigger radiators than if you went with the Pro.

You only have 65mm of space with the Pro.  With the Luxe, you get the same 65mm of space, BUT you are given room on top of the chassis for fans.  So instead of being stuck with a slim 30-35mm radiator, you can now use a 40mm+ radiator, and still have room for fans.  Or you can comfortably go push/pull with a slim radiator.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."