WINRAR password remover

RedSpade

Does anyone know of a legitimate program to remove a winrar password?

Thanks in advance!

Murphy's Law: "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong"

I don't really see or know of a way to remove a password other than to try to brute force it...it's a password for a reason

4770k Delid @ 4.5Ghz/1.25V w/ NH-D15, Maximus VII Hero, HyperX Beast 8GB 1600Mhz, GTX770 DCII OC, Strider Gold S 750W, 120GB 840 EVO, 2TB Barracuda, No case : D

Quickfire TK (MX Brown), Naos 7000, 128GB Surface Pro 2, 32GB G2 With Lightning Rom V4

I don't really see or know of a way to remove a password other than to try to brute force it...it's a password for a reason

I agree with this. These "password removal" programs simply brute force the password until they get it. Some use a masked brute force where some of the pasword is known, or a dictionary attack. This is the only way to open the archive as the data inside is encryped.

You may find it works for simple paswords like "1357" where it can brute force up to 4 chatacter fairly quickly, but your success depends on who made the password. If it's from a very knowledgable person who really understands passwords and encryption you might as well give up, but that's for you to judge.

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

You can't remove a password, you can only brute force it and then repack it again without one. There are quite a few brute force tools around that utilize CUDA and OpenCL to use your GPU to break a password. Tho be warned, they are effective against passwords like "Apple" tho a password like "(6c:Esux;{&:J6["Xd9:#T"b8+!.@:bg" could take years to break.