BSOD when shutting down and Network trouble

Go to solution Solved by STRMfrmXMN,

Hi everyone!

Recently I've had some trouble with my PC:

- When I shut it down it all goes well until it says "Shutting Down" (just before it should turn off), but it doesn't turn off and just says "Shutting Down" fro 5-10 minutes until I get a BSOD... (it had BCCode 9f).

- I have also noticed that my PC keeps disconnecting from my WiFi all the time. The WiFi still works for my phone and other PCs, but mine disconnects a lot randomly. When I try to reconnect it won't work until I "Troubleshoot the problem" - I think it says something about resetting the network adapter...

Does anyone know how to fix these 2 issues?

~ Oslosurfer

Turn your router off for the time where this event would normally happen. Pretty sure this will solve it.

Hi everyone!

- When I shut it down it all goes well until it says "Shutting Down" (just before it should turn off), but it doesn't turn off and just says "Shutting Down" fro 5-10 minutes until I get a BSOD... (it had BCCode 9f).

- I have also noticed that my PC keeps disconnecting from my WiFi all the time. The WiFi still works for my phone and other PCs, but mine disconnects a lot randomly. When I try to reconnect it won't work until I "Troubleshoot the problem" - I think it says something about resetting the network adapter...

~ Oslosurfer

Running Windows 7 Professional

My PC:

Intel Core i5-4670K | ASUS Z87-Pro | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | MSI GTX760 TF OC Gaming 2GB | Corsair c70 | Samsung 840 Evo 120GB (SSD) | Seagate Barracuda 2TB (HDD) | Corsair RM750 | Cooler Master 212 Evo | CM Storm Quickfire Rapid (Cherry MX Red) | Corsair M65 | audio-technica ATH-M50 | Dell UltraSharp U2414H | Logitech C920 | Windows 10 Pro

Looks like a hardware issue to me. first try to disable the wifi adapter in Device Manager just to make sure if the problem come from it

Don't mind my English skillzz

Hi everyone!

~ Oslosurfer

Turn your router off for the time where this event would normally happen. Pretty sure this will solve it.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

As for the second issue, is your PC a good distance from your router? Mine is across the house and I have the same issue, but moving it closer fixes the problem. If not, I'd suggest reinstalling the drivers for your wifi adapter.

Looks like a hardware issue to me. first try to disable the wifi adapter in Device Manager just to make sure if the problem come from it

As for the second issue, is your PC a good distance from your router? Mine is across the house and I have the same issue, but moving it closer fixes the problem. If not, I'd suggest reinstalling the drivers for your wifi adapter.

I updated to the latest drivers and then turned off the WiFi adapter in Device Manager as well as the router. I was able to shut down properly without a BSOD and it still works now with the WiFi on... YAY!

I'm not sure what changed, but it worked! No more BSODs and no random disconnecting from my WiFi!

Thanks people!  :D

My PC:

Intel Core i5-4670K | ASUS Z87-Pro | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | MSI GTX760 TF OC Gaming 2GB | Corsair c70 | Samsung 840 Evo 120GB (SSD) | Seagate Barracuda 2TB (HDD) | Corsair RM750 | Cooler Master 212 Evo | CM Storm Quickfire Rapid (Cherry MX Red) | Corsair M65 | audio-technica ATH-M50 | Dell UltraSharp U2414H | Logitech C920 | Windows 10 Pro