Upgrading my 2009 system

cvancek

So I am looking to upgrade my pc,only used for gaming (all games pretty much),id like some opinions on which gpu to upgrade to,aswell as MBO(since im still using DDR2 RAM)

System

W7(64)

AMD Phenom II X4 940BE 3.0GHz + Scythe Yasya Cooler

4GB DDR2 1066 MHZ Kingmax

GIGABYTE MA770-UD3 rev 1.0

Force3D HD 5770 1 GB

Coolermaster Elite 370 case,PSU FORTRON BlueStorm II 500W

i was going around the budget for the gpu around 7870 price-ish,more or less to give you an idea

Planned time of purchase?

Budget?

Zip Code (US) / Location (Int)?

Planned time of purchase?

Budget?

Zip Code (US) / Location (Int)?

What he said. And BTW wraith I like ur user name. I have that name on allot of sites....

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

What he said. And BTW wraith I like ur user name. I have that name on allot of sites....

Oh?  Which ones?

Oh?  Which ones?

Roblox(yes I used to play) and steam. And a couple other ones I forgot....I think ninjaKiwi.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

Roblox(yes I used to play) and steam. And a couple other ones I forgot....I think ninjaKiwi.

I'm from a different forum, and I've had this name since 2006.  :ph34r:

I'm from a different forum, and I've had this name since 2006.  :ph34r:

Ye I got mine around 2011....

i was going around the budget for the gpu around 7870 price-ish,more or less to give you an idea

Is that for all your upgrades or just your gpu?

Also, a budget  in numbers would help. Different regions have different pricings.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Planned time of purchase? in 1month<
Budget? I am in Croatia so stuff here is above average expensive but since we are joining EU 1st July i can order from other countries in Europe without customs so i get stuff cheaper,from Germany most likely

I wouldnt wanna buy something to have a bottleneck(obv),im only looking for a GPU now,since when buying a MOBO im gonna need one with 6GBPS ports etc for SSDs in future

here 7870 costs(cheapest versions,brands whatever);280 USD(but im not gonna buy from my country anyway)

You still need to post a budget.  And it's better to save up and buy everything in one shot.

You still need to post a budget.  And it's better to save up and buy everything in one shot.

i would just do a GPU now,i dont think its that big of a deal if i dont buy everything at first,my budget would be max 350 USD 

i would just do a GPU now,i dont think its that big of a deal if i dont buy everything at first,my budget would be max 350 USD 

In that case, you should get your CPU + Mobo first.

In that case, you should get your CPU + Mobo first.

well then i was thinking of switching to intel,what would u recommend?(MOBO aswell,i need 6gbps ports)

well then i was thinking of switching to intel,what would u recommend?(MOBO aswell,i need 6gbps ports)

Unless you have a good reason for switching to Intel, the FX-8320 is the best bang for your buck right now.  When overclocked, it offers gaming performance that is little less than the i5-3570k in some games but better in others.

isnt FX series famous for its incompatibility with games,various errors and crashes?