1866 overclock?

i just built my new system, i have a i5 4690k,msi z97G45, msi geforce gtx 970, g.skill ripjaws x series 8gb kit1866, can i overclock the memory to get better perfomance in games? while in the bios what else can i do to kind of optimise the pc? (all drivers are up to date and no ssd)

Don't.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

The reason why, is because of how much of a hassle it is for how little performance you will gain. Just put the memory at the XMP profile in the bios and you will be golden.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

while in bios if u have a good cooling system you might as well try overclocking your CPU, that will give you best performance increase. RAM is your last thing to improve. To prove yourself of that - find any old 4gb ram at 1333MHz, put it in and you'll see that performance drop will be maybe an extra 2% loading time on games or MAYBE a 0.5 higher average fps, though i doubt FPS would change at all from RAM.
For performance increases in your system - the weakest thing is what you want to overlcock. in your case it's CPU, followed by GPU, RAM should never under any normal conditions be a subject to overclocking.

RAM over clocking above 1600MHz is almost useless. You always have a (small) chance of something going wrong. With RAM speeds above 1600MHz you'd only be able to notice a few fps increase if you lucky