Cpu / Mb / Ram

Gtre

Hi guys, im building a new pc (ive already posted on buildings). I will use it for game (bf4 and ac unity first of all) but i don't know in future. 
actually i had a i5 750, great cpu, almost 5 years! :D

for the new i don't know which between 4690k and 4790k is better for me.
can u suggest me? pro and cons?

thank you all

If you just do gaming go for the i5, but if you want to play games like Star Citizen and do rendering and 3D renderings and content creation i would go for the i7.

i7 4790k | ASUS Z97 Gryphon | 8GB Corsair XMS3 1333Mhz | Asus Direct CUII GTX 770 1267/3829 | Stock Cooler | Antec Neo Eco 520W | WD Green 1TB

Silverstone TJ08-e | Klipsch Promedia 2.1 | Razer Tiamat 2.2 | LG 24EN43VS | Razer Naga (2010) | Razer Lycosa (2010)

Planned PC Upgrades: https://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=wish_lists&wlcId=325661&action=wish_lists

Purely Gaming: i5 4690K

Photoshop, Rendering, Video Editing + Gaming: i7 4790K

if youre not doing any kind of work on your computer the i5 is a beast esp in games for the price i have one runs like a champ  ;)

The i5 will do the job if your intention is to play games.

It would be helpful if you told us what your budget is.

I once had one of these, now I've got this.

For strict gaming the 4690k is great as most games don't need an i7

Personally I went for that i7 mainly because it will be future proof and the i5 will need upgrading sooner

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

Personally I went for that i7 mainly because it will be future proof and the i5 will need upgrading sooner

I second this, I am personally once i get the money will be upgrading to i7, probably broadwell though

i7 4790k | ASUS Z97 Gryphon | 8GB Corsair XMS3 1333Mhz | Asus Direct CUII GTX 770 1267/3829 | Stock Cooler | Antec Neo Eco 520W | WD Green 1TB

Silverstone TJ08-e | Klipsch Promedia 2.1 | Razer Tiamat 2.2 | LG 24EN43VS | Razer Naga (2010) | Razer Lycosa (2010)

Planned PC Upgrades: https://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=wish_lists&wlcId=325661&action=wish_lists

I second this, I am personally once i get the money will be upgrading to i7, probably broadwell though

yea I have the 4790k and I always find its better to spend a little more and know that it can render if you want it to also games these days are starting to utilise cpu

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

There is no future proofing. If you just game then the i5 is fine. The I7 brings hyper threading and that's it. I have the i7 4790K and really the i5 is just as good  

Hell I just built a rig with a G3258 Pentium and a GTX760 and it does almost as good in benchmarks overclocked to 4.6

ram and mb are the same for 4690k and 4790k or something change?

which you suggest? in the project i see msi gaming 5 and vengeance or trident 2400mhz

Correct its the same platform for both. MSI Gaming 5 is fine. As far as ram. Any brand name 1600 will do. You will not notice any benefit from 2400 unless you run benchmarks

Ok I'll go for 1600mhz

Alternatives to mb?

The 4790k probably will have longer life?

Longer life than the i5. No Both chips will probably out live you. Unless you abuse it.  Look at Gigabyte's boards

CL9, CL8, and CL7. The lower CL, the faster the RAM (at the same clockspeed - at least in benchmarks. In real life you'll probably never notice the difference).

[Main rig "ToXxXiC":]
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K | MB: ASUS Maximus VII Formula | RAM: G.Skill TridentX 32GB 2400MHz (DDR-3) | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Hydro Copper | Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD (+NAS) | Sound: OnBoard | PSU: XFX Black Edition Pro 1050W 80+ Gold | Case: Cooler Master Cosmos II | Cooling: Full Custom Watercooling Loop (CPU+GPU+MB) | OS: Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit)

What cooler? I actually buy LP low profile if I can get it so its not in the way. Gskill is also good ram.

So think what board? Overclocking ? What case? then decide the ram

ok are the same i'll go for the cheapest vengeance red (looks pretty) or gskill

for the cooler i don't know im looking http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/243261-aio-vs-air/#entry3332136

asus alternative for mb? i see a lot of maximus around

ASUS Maximus are usually very good, but slightly (up to extremely) expensive. Keep in mind though, that most of the additional cost has nothing to do with performance or quality (both are great, but not that much better as to justify the price premium) - you basically pay for the brand's image (ROG), some features (that many/most people won't even use) and last but certainly not least: the looks. If you're wiling to pay extra for any (or all) of these, then go for it. If not, go with something else.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K | MB: ASUS Maximus VII Formula | RAM: G.Skill TridentX 32GB 2400MHz (DDR-3) | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Hydro Copper | Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD (+NAS) | Sound: OnBoard | PSU: XFX Black Edition Pro 1050W 80+ Gold | Case: Cooler Master Cosmos II | Cooling: Full Custom Watercooling Loop (CPU+GPU+MB) | OS: Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit)

im searching substance that looks pretty, do you recommend me alternative to msi gaming 5 ? 

for ram what voltage? 1,5? need xmp?

for the cooler i don't know im looking http://linustechtips...r/#entry3332136

Please quote or tag people you're replying to, so they will get notified.

Pretty much all Z97 boards form ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI or Asrock are good for normal every day use. For extreme overclocking (like with LN2 or such), there are some differences, but that should not concern you. Generally just take a look at the features and decide if you like the looks of the board - not much to go wrong there.

Yes, 1.5V is fine. XMP is not really needed, but it usually makes things a little easier.

For cooling, just stay with the thread you opened in the cooling section. ;)

With 4790k selling as low as 4690k i don't see a reason why to not get the 4790k.

With 4790k selling as low as 4690k i don't see a reason why to not get the 4790k.

Where do you see this happening?