Failed OC, now computer goes right into BIOS

MegaDave91
Go to solution Solved by Godlygamer23,

Reset the BIOS. Remove the CMOS battery for about 10 seconds.

I got a BSOD trying to overclock. When my computer restarted it went right into the BIOS and now it goes there every time. I've tried changing the boot order and that doesn't help.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

It might want you to change your overclock settings back to normal. My motherboard send me to the BIOS if the settings are bad and my PC crashed but it shows a dialog box instead of bringing me to the main page.

It might want you to change your overclock settings back to normal. My motherboard send me to the BIOS if the settings are bad and my PC crashed but it shows a dialog box instead of bringing me to the main page.

Yeah I put everything back to stock and it still goes to the BIOS.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

You are my savior man. Thanks so much. I was pretty worried because this is my first time overclocking.

No problem. That's what I'm here for.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Don't forget to mark my answer as Best Answer. So anyone who might have the same issue can click on this thread to see what the solution was.

Don't forget to mark my answer as Best Answer. So anyone who might have the same issue can click on this thread to see what the solution was.

Good point. Done.