Noctua

gooooofpie

Is Noctua Industrial design fans worth the extra bucks?? Currently deciding between the NF-A14 PWM and NF-A14 PWM Industrial PPC

Depends on what it's being used for. If you're asking, probably not. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Depends on what it's being used for. If you're asking, probably not. 

For 2 intakes on my H440

I work at a computer store so I can get anything at cost. I still opted for the older designs due to the added accessories.

Unless you really want the black colour or the higher RPMs.

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

For 2 intakes on my H440

What are you cooling and why get aftermarket fans in the first place?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Them being black was the whole reason I replaced my other noctuas. They have a longer cable which is nice plugging into the mobo. Running at the same rpm's of the older fans maxed out (1200), cool better. Completely worth it in my opinion.

Im sure someone makes fans that are as good for less.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Them being black was the whole reason I replaced my other noctuas. They have a longer cable which is nice plugging into the mobo. Running at the same rpm's of the older fans maxed out (1200), cool better. Completely worth it in my opinion.

Im sure someone makes fans that are as good for less.

Are you kidding me?

I regret the day i made the stupid decision to buy this fans, they suck ass!!! kinda

1- They dont move that much air

2- They dont make that much air pressure

3- Got super sleek cable but!!! the part of the wire within the fan is hanging free without any protection which increases noise and it can hit the blades

4- Super noisy!!! @ 2000 rpm the fans are very, very loud

5- Many of them have a very high pinchy noise, 1/3~4 fans make this sound that is extremely annoying and is extremely distinguishable from any other sound your computer makes

6- Super, Super, Super expensive.. since they have all this problems..

Maybe im "unfair" since I compare them to my old Gentle Typhoon AP-15 but I was expecting much more from such acclaimed product, specially a Austrian one..

I will never base my options in anything Linus say because he is a sellout, its impossible to claim this fans as the best fans of the market when they are so terrible!!!

"Terrible": I consider terrible something that isnt perfect when the price tag and fame are very high

Rating this fans in a scale of perfection/perfection they would be a 5 (maybe a 6) out of 10 and its mostly because the cable is really good

Are you kidding me?

I regret the day i made the stupid decision to buy this fans, they suck ass!!! kinda

3- Got super sleek cable but!!! the part of the wire within the fan is hanging free without any protection which increases noise and it can hit the blades

5- Many of them have a very high pinchy noise, 1/3~4 fans make this sound that is extremely annoying and is extremely distinguishable from any other sound your computer makes

Maybe im "unfair" since I compare them to my old Gentle Typhoon AP-15 but I was expecting much more from such acclaimed product, specially a Austrian one..

I will never base my options in anything Linus say because he is a sellout, its impossible to claim this fans as the best fans of the market when they are so terrible!!!

"Terrible": I consider terrible something that isnt perfect when the price tag and fame are very high

Rating this fans in a scale of perfection/perfection they would be a 5 (maybe a 6) out of 10 and its mostly because the cable is really good

Seriously, you must be a troll.

They move an assload of air, i can feel it pulling a huge amount of air through the front girll of my H440, the static pressure on the NF-F12 is pretty great, i don't see any cable near the blades, literally every fan is super noisy at 2000 RPM, of course they have a high pinchy noise, they run at 3000 RPM or something out of the box, and their super expensive because they're great fans.

And linus isn't a sellout, i seriously doubt Noctua even sends out review units. He likes them because they are super quiet at low RPMs, and are the only fans who can get to such low RPMs. Also DAT BUILD QUALITY

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Seriously, you must be a troll.

They move an assload of air, i can feel it pulling a huge amount of air through the front girll of my H440, the static pressure on the NF-F12 is pretty great, i don't see any cable near the blades, literally every fan is super noisy at 2000 RPM, of course they have a high pinchy noise, they run at 3000 RPM or something out of the box, and their super expensive because they're great fans.

And linus isn't a sellout, i seriously doubt Noctua even sends out review units. He likes them because they are super quiet at low RPMs, and are the only fans who can get to such low RPMs. Also DAT BUILD QUALITY

I can make a video if you want showing how Noctuas NF F12 are nothing compared to Gentle Typhoons AP-15, I have to put 8 GTs @ 1850 rpm in parallel at once so they make the same noise made by a single NF F12 @ 2000 rpm.

If you are not a owner of a GT AP-15 you cant distinguish silver from platinum and lets agree on this without calling other people trolls just because you are unaware of something.

I can make a video if you want showing how Noctuas NF F12 are nothing compared to Gentle Typhoons AP-15, I have to put 8 GTs @ 1850 rpm in parallel at once so they make the same noise made by a single NF F12 @ 2000 rpm.

If you are not a owner of a GT AP-15 you cant distinguish silver from platinum and lets agree on this without calling other people trolls just because you are unaware of something.

Did i ever say noctuas were the best fans ever? No

And have fun finding new gentle typhoons for cheaper than noctuas.

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Are you kidding me?

Are you serious? I've used Noctua fans and they've been great. And not only that, pretty much every fan is going to be loud at 2000RPM unless you shave the blades off.

I replaced one of the old 80 or 92mm Delta fans in the one Dell at my school with a Noctua fan (and modded the fan connector so that it would plug right into the motherboard), and that fucker has been going damn near 24/7 for a year, and it's cooler and quieter.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Are you kidding me?

I haven't tried many fans so I cant compare, except to the corsairs I've had. Price isn't an issue for me. I'm not some bottom of the barrel pc "enthusiast".

They perform and look good which is what I wanted. The same people claiming that open air coolers on gpu's are better then reference, made me get better fans just to prove that wrong.

As with most brands I get one product and if it works great then I stick to it. Buying three nf-12's for 30 bucks is a deal for me, so getting into all the noctua hype wasn't a big deal to me.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

I haven't tried many fans so I cant compare, except to the corsairs I've had. Price isn't an issue for me. I'm not some bottom of the barrel pc "enthusiast".

They perform and look good which is what I wanted. The same people claiming that open air coolers on gpu's are better then reference, made me get better fans just to prove that wrong.

As with most brands I get one product and if it works great then I stick to it. Buying three nf-12's for 30 bucks is a deal for me, so getting into all the noctua hype wasn't a big deal to me.

Well yeah its no big deal for you because you guys buy 3 fans but for me that i buy 20+ it can be a little frustrating and disappointing seeing such claimed fans do so little and have pinchy problems in some of them

Not the European standards im used to thats for sure..

Is Noctua Industrial design fans worth the extra bucks?? Currently deciding between the NF-A14 PWM and NF-A14 PWM Industrial PPC

Even Linus and Slick agreed it makes very little performance impact on your performance and temps. I would only get them if you like the look of them. You will be better off just getting the quietest fans you can for as cheap as you can that are pressure optimized or just any fan will do. As long as it pushes air that is all you need. If you buy a heatsink that comes with a noctua fan then just use that because they are good fans.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Recently we had to replace a bathroom extractor fan because the regular ones that were "designed" for that workload kept on breaking. The PPc IP67 fan looks better is more efficient and less noisy, all while costing the same. 

So they may be somewhat overkill for a pc, but still do a whopping job, in my opinion. ..

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Check out the Noctua redux line dude, I think they are much less expensive, have a different color config, and still pack the Noctua punch.

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]