Getting tired of Windows...

orangecat

I set up an OS X virtual machine for a while just to kinda get a feel for it.

IMO it feels like a crappy Linux distro.

If you must switch, there's no reason to go Mac.  Game support isn't much better on OS X, and you'd have to buy all new hardware or go through the process of putting together a Hackintosh, which very well could involve replacing lots of parts.  Linux is free and can be installed on any PC.

Try out Linux Mint with the Cinnamon desktop environment.  It's my favorite distro and really easy and simple to use.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

i dont have any issues with launching applications on linux windows or osx.i use an app called launchy and quicksilver for osx mapped to my control + space keys i never have icons on my desktop and i love the keyboard.i've used linux windows and osx it just depends what your use is.honestly though once you switch from one operating system to another your going to have to learn a hole new os all over. a hole new way of operating things.if your fine with that and have the time then i guess it's not so bad.just remember that with any os switch your going to have to learn again just like if you switched from android to blackberry ect.but it's not so bad being well rounded its always a good trait and skill to have.i've become pretty comfy with windows for gaming and osx for working on music.i plan on messing with terminal on linux down the road there is alot of wicked things in the command line.btw i'll show of my desktop i have 3 things on it atm Recycle bin and something i'm uploading and my read folder.windows 7 windows 8 not so bad :D 2QjJfyT.jpg

i agree Maxx It wouldnt hurt to grab a free open source copy of virtualbox.and try a few different distros of linux check out

https://www.virtualbox.org/ free open source vm software :D

http://distrowatch.com/ Tons of information on different Distros of linux :D

I'm assuming overtime more and more games will come out on steam for linux.it's just gonna be a while before you see anything on steam in comparison with windows on steam.

Im running windows 8 and i love it better than windows 7. A friend of mine uses ubuntu on his computer and plays games. He's always said that its great! so ill urge you to try out Ubuntu. Ive tried it but personally terminal and everything like that is annoying for me.

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

Yeah, this is exactly why i can't wait. But if lord Gaben has his way, AAA titles will be almost forced to dev for linux really. But yeah, wine is awesome :D

It's not really -that- hard. Just sit with it for a few days and just learn your way around it. I'm sure there's plenty of tutorials on youtube out there too!

Linux is amazing. End of story. Right now, my laptop is dualbooting Ubuntu and Pear OS 7.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Im going to swap to Linux once all my favorite new games are available on it.