which motherboard should I get?

the Intel DZ77GA-70K, or Asus P8Z77-V?

I know that the intel one is a bit more expensive, but it has all the features I want like the on-board switches and the Q-LED light for diagnostics if I run into any problems.

also, does the bluetooth module that comes with the mother

board also act as a wifi module? because I haven't seen a review that mentioned that it's actually a wifi module, but that can be my misunderstanding.

by the way, the mouse pad just looks sick. I think we can all agree with that :)

most likely it doesn't act as a wifi module. They would specifically call that out imo. I would go for the intel motherboard. The color scheme is much more appealing compared the asus board which doesn't look nearly as good as the intel board.

so it's basically an internal header that acts as both bluetooth and wifi, right? and the color scheme is actually a lot better. thanks for the reply!!!

Well the 70K has a TON more features than the ASUS mobo, so go for that one. The 70K has a PLX chip which comes in handy when you have a TON of USBs and PCI-e cards.

Also the 70K comes with native Intel LAN, if you ever wanted to share things across networks.

so it's basically an internal header that acts as both bluetooth and wifi' date=' right? and the color scheme is actually a lot better. thanks for the reply!!![/quote']

From what I can find out. I think its bluetooth only. I'm not sure how much you want the included bluetooth but here is another board you might want to consider imo. Its cheaper than the intel but it comes with less swag.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128545

I see. so the extra $80 is worth it for the features that it has for the connections I may or may not use.

also, this is off topic, but with the new build I'm going to build with the 70K, I'm planning to buy Razer Orochi and a mechanical keyboard. I want a cherry mx blue, and my budget is around $120-$140 after I buy the Orochi. any recommendations for the keyboard? and thanks a lot guys!! this is my first forum I've ever registered and I just love how people are all kind and polite!!!

I see. so the extra $80 is worth it for the features that it has for the connections I may or may not use.

also, this is off topic, but with the new build I'm going to build with the 70K, I'm planning to buy Razer Orochi and a mechanical keyboard. I want a cherry mx blue, and my budget is around $120-$140 after I buy the Orochi. any recommendations for the keyboard? and thanks a lot guys!! this is my first forum I've ever registered and I just love how people are all kind and polite!!!

$80 difference? Where are you buying it from? The UD3H is $150 and it offers way more than the P8Z77-V. If you know you aren't going to use some of the features, the extra $80 might not be the best choice.

well, I am planning to use my system for as long as I possibly can(throughout college if I can) so I figured I need a good motherboard because my house tends to get really hot during the summer(in LA)

or does it actually even matter?

well, I am planning to use my system for as long as I possibly can(throughout college if I can) so I figured I need a good motherboard because my house tends to get really hot during the summer(in LA)

Most mobos don't have heat problems as long as you have a CPU air cooler w/ somewhat O.K. case air flow.

and a CPU air cooling meaning aftermarket cooler, right?

and actually I was miscalculating the price. the price difference is like $40

sorry for my idiocity

So you're paying about $190 for the ASUS? The UD3H is cheaper and has a LED display, not to mention all USB 3.0 ports.

Yes I mean an aftermarket air cooler.

I mean, yes the ud3h is a nice motherboard and whatnot, buy wifi is actually the key here because I do live in a house with, well, wifi and like I said earlier, I want this to last throughout college, so I choose to go with 70K. although I'm not saying that the ud3h isn't a bad motherboard because I like the ultra durable design and the neat features that it has. this might sound like I'm a fanboy, and, yes to a certain degree; but I look for looks and aesthetics as much as I look for quality.

Ok I'm just saying that your getting ripped from the ASUS mobo. For your keyboard, there are a TON of options. DAS, Blackwidow, Cooler Master's keyboards, Filco, Ducky, etc.

I see. thanks for the info