Gaming keyboard for 200$

XCalinX

Hey guys, since I will buy a GTX 980 at Christmas, I will need a new keyboard with it. I am willing to spend maximum 200$ and I've been looking at the Coolermaster CMSTORM Mech and the very popular Corsair K70, but if there are any other kbs that you recommend feel free to tell me.

Thanks.

really, idk but the k70 is amazing. if you want something more pricy, get the rgb version :P (even though thats a waist of money)

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Hey guys, since I will buy a GTX 980 at Christmas, I will need a new keyboard with it. I am willing to spend maximum 200$ and I've been looking at the Coolermaster CMSTORM Mech and the very popular Corsair K70, but if there are any other kbs that you recommend feel free to tell me.

Thanks.

Massdrop is your friend! 

Especially if your in the US. 

I would if I was you get Max keyboards NightHawk X, You can choose between Red, Blue's and Brown cherry switches. 

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/maxkeyboard-nighthawk

MD-3360_20140819211336_ed057295d6a7501a.

That if you join the drop will be at $104 

and then spend the rest of the money you save by getting a decent headset/headphone to complete ze experience. 

large_256_Nighthawk-X7_3.jpg

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

logitech g710+ is a really good keyboard and not too expensive.

The G910 is out now as well if you're into the RGB lighting/custom profile thing. I haven't seen any reviews yet but judging by the build quality of their latest mice, the G910 could be a winner.

i7-5820k  |  MSI X99S SLI-Plus  |  4x4GB HyperX 2400 DDR4  |  Sapphire Radeon R9 295X2  |  Samsung 840 EVO 1TB x2  |  Corsair AX1200i  |  Corsair H100i  |  NZXT H440 Razer

Yeah, maybe the G910 Orion Spark is something for the OP?

It has a smartphone dock which allows you to use your smartphone to be used as a screen to show stats etc on (like the G19 screen). Even can use tablets via that.

It has RGB lighting (so many colours!!!!!!) and it has Romer G switches which are closest to the Cherry MX Browns (as far as I've read), just a faster actuation point.

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/rgb-gaming-keyboard-g910 

Massdrop is your friend! 

Especially if your in the US. 

I would if I was you get Max keyboards NightHawk X, You can choose between Red, Blue's and Brown cherry switches. 

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/maxkeyboard-nighthawk

MD-3360_20140819211336_ed057295d6a7501a.

That if you join the drop will be at $104 

and then spend the rest of the money you save by getting a decent headset/headphone to complete ze experience. 

large_256_Nighthawk-X7_3.jpg

Sadly I don't live in the US but I hope it is avaliable in my country. I'm not a big fan of headphones (I use nvidia sound :D) but if I get something under 200$ I will spend the saved money on a mouse

The only thing wrong I can see about the G910 is the assymetric palm rest, I think that would just feel weird to me.

i7-5820k  |  MSI X99S SLI-Plus  |  4x4GB HyperX 2400 DDR4  |  Sapphire Radeon R9 295X2  |  Samsung 840 EVO 1TB x2  |  Corsair AX1200i  |  Corsair H100i  |  NZXT H440 Razer

Wow the G910 looks great. That price tag though :(.

Is the logitech website the only place to get these by the way? I feel like it would be cheaper somewhere else.

My PC: i7 3770k @ 4.4 Ghz || Hyper 212 Evo || Intel Extreme Motherboard DZ77GA || EVGA Hybrid 980ti || Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB || Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB || WD Black 1TB

Peripherals: Corsair K70 RGB || Sentey Pro Revolution Gaming Mouse || Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 250 Ohm Headphone || Benq XL2420Z Monitor

Sadly I don't live in the US but I hope it is avaliable in my country. I'm not a big fan of headphones (I use nvidia sound :D) but if I get something under 200$ I will spend the saved money on a mouse

Where do you live? Could try and find a good deal for a decent mech kb and a decent mouse under $200 or what currency you are using. 

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

Get a filco board although they dont have macros they have the best build quality that ive seen!

CPU: Intel Core i9-12900K 3.2 GHz 16-Core Processor | Cooler: Corsair iCUE H170i ELITE LCD 82.9 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Mobo: Asus ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO ATX LGA1700 Motherboard | Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5200 CL40 Memory | GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 3080 10GB 10 GB STRIX GAMING OC Video Card | Storage: 1x Western Digital Black SN850 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive + 2x Sabrent Rocket 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive | PSU: Asus ROG Thor 1200P 1200 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply | Case: Corsair iCUE 7000X RGB ATX Full Tower Case | Keyboard: Filco Majestouch-2 | Mouse: Logitech G903

I live in Romania. I can find most kbs here (corsair cm razer etc) but not all. Again I'm tempted to go with tyhe cm mech

Budget: $200 Ok. But...

Do you want:

- Backlighting?

- Macro keys?

- Media keys?

- Mechanical Keys?

- Which MX Flavour?

- Rubberized WASD/Directional arrows?

- USB ports/Audio jacks on the keyboard?

When you answer all those questions, everything will be easier.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

@above backlighting: at all costs macro: yes. media keys: maybe mech keys: at all costs cherry mx: blue rubberized wasd: maybe usb/audio: no but if its a good kb ill accept getting it even though i wont use that

Thanks.

I am absolutely in love with my ducky shine 3 with Cherry MX browns, but that's because I value build quality and over all ruggedness over features.

@above backlighting: at all costs macro: yes. media keys: maybe mech keys: at all costs cherry mx: blue rubberized wasd: maybe usb/audio: no but if its a good kb ill accept getting it even though i wont use that

I've been recommended a CM Storm QuickFire XT. Even though I will not be getting that as my main keyboard (getting the Razer BlackWidow Chroma with Razer Oranges), I was looking at this keyboard right under the Chroma. Good value ($90 USD), slim profile, actual Cherry MX switches, and a "Gaming Mode" (basically a Win-Lock key). Worth your money.

I use a wasd keyboard with mx browns its heaven. It was 170 shipped but the looks of it are amazing considering you can choose the colors.

I touched the face of death, 4770K at 5.2 with 1.6

Thanks.

Beware of Corsair right now.

They are having issues with dead LED's on their keyboards and are acting like there isn't an issue.

Lots of people have had to RMA their keyboards 2, 3, 4 times at their own expense because Corsair

won't pay for shipping unless you beg them,

The cable on my K70 borked because I wrapped it lightly around the keyboard for a couple of weeks

and now it disconnects if the cable is bent the wrong way.

I have a 15 year old keyboard and mouse that I have wrapped the cables around them tightly several hundred times

with no issues whatsoever.   The cable on the K70 is thick as hell, but clearly Corsair is cheaping out bigtime

on the copper wiring inside.

The G910 is out now as well if you're into the RGB lighting/custom profile thing. I haven't seen any reviews yet but judging by the build quality of their latest mice, the G910 could be a winner.

I did think of that, but it has those romer g switches which are not really proven at this point so i would say g710+ for now because it has tried and tested cherry mx switches.