Delving Deeper into my issues. Really need help!

Muffinator
Go to solution Solved by BroKenFingers,

Great..this is just the start..going to get you to go here..and follow this step by step:

http://nctritech.wordpress.com/2012/03/15/code-12-on-windows-7-the-device-cannot-find-enough-free-resources/

Will be around for a while yet..so let me know how it goes... :)

I really need help. I just installed Windows on my new build. Everything went smoothly, I installed all the drivers I needed and fired up Minecraft and got the "Bad Drivers Error".

The problems didn't stop there...

After further research I went into my Device Manager and looked at my drivers... Specifically The HD Graphics 4000 which I am using for the time being. 

I double click on it to see the device status and this is what I get:

This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

After further research into this mysterious "Code 12" I find out that I "installed the drivers in the wrong order".

I found more information about that here: http://communities.intel.com/thread/29730

What they ^ conclude in the thread is that I need to re-install Windows and install the graphics drivers first.

Realistically, I can't do that. I really need to find a way to fix this without having to restore my hard drive.

I will love whoever finds a way to do this.

EDIT: Could I uninstall all of my drivers and reinstall them in the "right" order?

Hardware: | CPU: i5 3570k | Graphics: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Mobo: MSI z77a-G45 Gaming | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit | 

Peripherals: Logitech G502 | CM Storm Quickfire Pro (Red switch) |

Did you try to just install the graphics drivers again and after that, all the others again?

Christopher Kruse | Webdeveloper (Interface & Applications)

i7 3770k (3233C Batch) @ 4.2ghz | Asus P8Z77 WS | Gigabyte 780 Ti OC  | Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 32GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB +2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + Samsung 830 256GB + 4x WD30EFRX, 2x WD30EZRX, 1xWD20EARS | Corsair AX750 + Bitfenix Extensions | Fractal Design Define XL R2 + Xigmatec 3in3 Hotswap Cage | Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, 5x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM | Peripherals: Logitech G502 + Corsair K70 RGB + Red 40A-L O-Rings | Sound: Denon AVR 2807 via HDMI + 2x Nubert nuPro A-20 + 1x B&W CC6 Center | SoundMagic E10 | Jabra Speak 410

Yes .In theory. This should be a must read before you do anything...http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc732199(v=ws.10).aspx

I'm confused by this:

Incorrect PCI Filter driver was causing this on child deviceI performed an upgrade of a salvaged Vista install to Windows 7 in a VM, created a system image, and loaded it onto a new Intel i5-based laptop.A driver left around from the old installation "ATI PCI Express (3GIO) Filter" was somehow a match (if this is actually a PNP device, I have no idea) for the root PCI Bus that was the parent of all of my I/O devices: NIC, WLAN, GPU, SATA/AHCI, etc.How I fixed it:Found the device: From device manager, click View > Resources by Connection.  It was at the position $ComputerName > Input/output (IO) > (xxx - xxx) ATI PCI Express (3GIO) Filter.Uninstalled the device, checked "Delete the driver software for this device," rebooted.Windows reinstalled nearly everything.  This [nearly] completely rebuilt the hierarchy of my PNP device tree.  Rebooted again.Checked the device manager, again in Resources by Connection.  The Filter device was gone, replaced by the simple "PCI Bus" running Microsoft's pci.sys driver.Re-ran Intel's INF Update utility.  No [noticeable] change to device hierarchy.Re-ran the Intel HD Graphics setup.  Rebooted again.And it worked.Might not be a smart move to try this on XP, or if you have a disk controller where you had to provide Windows Setup with a driver in order to install Windows.  It might work in that scenario, or it might give you looping BSODs.  There are a lot of factors involved there.  If your disk controller is behind a different device/bus than the one you're removing, it should be perfectly safe.  And an annoying waste of time if it doesn't work.Best of luck.

After doing the Resources by Connection view I have found the Intel HD 4000 Graphics is in multiple locations... What should I do now?

Hardware: | CPU: i5 3570k | Graphics: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Mobo: MSI z77a-G45 Gaming | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit | 

I just tried reinstalling the drivers and that didn't work. The next step is to reinstall every single driver. And advice?

Did you try to just install the graphics drivers again and after that, all the others again?

Im going to uninstall every driver then install them again starting with the HD 4000 driver.

That sounds like a good start..uninstall..but reboot after each of them..see how they get detected..

Your best effort is the easiest thing to give to someone else..

That sounds like a good start..uninstall..but reboot after each of them..see how they get detected..

Reboot after each uninstall?

That will be a pain in the a** considering my hard drive. It takes me about 120+ seconds to reboot...

I just found this: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/135077-windows-7-installation-transfer-new-computer.html

Take a look at method 1 and tell me if you think this will work.

ONLY IF you have met all of the requirements..and fully understand what you will be doing to your system..I myself think it is a drastic 

move..and may cause more harm than good..I am not ready to believe that the issue you are having is system wide and not just isolated to this one game. I have not heard yet if you have updated your chipset drivers or MB BIOS..these I would do before doing what is suggested.  

ONLY IF you have met all of the requirements..and fully understand what you will be doing to your system..I myself think it is a drastic 

move..and may cause more harm than good..I am not ready to believe that the issue you are having is system wide and not just isolated to this one game. I have not heard yet if you have updated your chipset drivers or MB BIOS..these I would do before doing what is suggested.  

I tried it. It keeps saying it is updating registry blah blah and then says it will continue after reboot. It keeps doing that repetitively. I am not currently home so I told my brother to turn it off until I get home.

The reason I did this is becuase I used the hard drive from a different computer which had system specific drivers that I went through and individually uninstalled. Then installed the drivers for my hard ware. And from what I read, doing what I did would get rid of system specific drivers and install the correct drivers for my hard ware.

Well I hope that it has worked for you..let me know how it works out.. :)

Well I hope that it has worked for you..let me know how it works out.. :)

Got it to boot up again. But i'm back to square one. Still having issues with the drivers.

How is the system..?..everything OK..but for the error with the drivers..?

How is the system..?..everything OK..but for the error with the drivers..?

Works just like it did before. Like nothing happened.

Well than have a look at this step in the link I sent before..

Solution - This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)
1. Go to Start Menu-All Programs-Accessories,then right-click Command Prompt and select Run As Administrator
2. Enter: bcdedit /set CONFIGACCESSPOLICY DISALLOWMMCONFIG
3. Restart your PC

Solution - This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)
1. Go to Start Menu-All Programs-Accessories,then right-click Command Prompt and select Run As Administrator

3. Restart your PC

Trying this now. Will post results.

Which drivers are you using anyway?

i7 3770k (3233C Batch) @ 4.2ghz | Asus P8Z77 WS | Gigabyte 780 Ti OC  | Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 32GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB +2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + Samsung 830 256GB + 4x WD30EFRX, 2x WD30EZRX, 1xWD20EARS | Corsair AX750 + Bitfenix Extensions | Fractal Design Define XL R2 + Xigmatec 3in3 Hotswap Cage | Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, 5x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM | Peripherals: Logitech G502 + Corsair K70 RGB + Red 40A-L O-Rings | Sound: Denon AVR 2807 via HDMI + 2x Nubert nuPro A-20 + 1x B&W CC6 Center | SoundMagic E10 | Jabra Speak 410

3. Restart your PC

Fixed nothing. Code 12 is still there.

CPU: i5 3570k   Mobo: MSI z77a-G45 Gaming   RAM: 1x8gb Crucial Ballistix Sport Low Profile   Hard drive: 320gb WD 2.5" Scorpio Blue (Taken from my laptop)

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 64 bit   PSU: Diablotek UL Series 575Watt

If you need anymore info ASK ME.

I have no clue how to check that.

I have no clue how to check that.

Either use a spec programm like Aida64 or boot into bios, there should be a version number in there.