should i upgrade my amd 1100t x6 to 8 core to fx8350. more inside

Hello peoples I've been wondering if it would be worth upgrading. I do render quite a bit videos for YouTube and all fr my channel. I know I can take advantage of all 8 core. But for future gaming its very questionable since the new Xbox one and ps4 will have x86 amd 8 core CPU. So what I figure newer games in future will take advantage of all 8 cores for consols. Also I'd assume there will be no such as thing as port for a particular game since they will be coded for x86. Also reason I think is good upgrade since new consoles are all 8 core by amd. So what's your thoughts people. Or should I just upgrade my GPU to like a gtx 680 or a sexy reference gtx 770. Probably you people say get the sexy 770xd but ya makes me drool all the time when I see it.

Amd fx-8320 oc 4.1ghz, 8gb ram, gtx 780ti 3gb, 240gb ssd, 1.5tb hdd,

Get the 8320 instead, and overclock it to 4GHz. It'll effectively be an 8350 and save you money. But you could also go with a 7950 and get free games.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

The 1100T is no slouch. Once clocked to 4 Ghz it starts becoming an animal and farther than that it just devours everything you throw at it. Remember that Phenom II's have a lot more IPC than FX processors its just that the newer ones are clocked higher to make up for it. Personally I would just stick with your current proc and grab a new beefy graphics card instead (but that's just me).

The 1100T is no slouch. Once clocked to 4 Ghz it starts becoming an animal and farther than that it just devours everything you throw at it. Remember that Phenom II's have a lot more IPC than FX processors its just that the newer ones are clocked higher to make up for it. Personally I would just stick with your current proc and grab a new beefy graphics card instead (but that's just me).

^^ And maybe add a new mobo am3+ so you are ready for steamroller? :)

Dont get the crosshair formula-z. NO FanXpert 2.0 for AMD users suck -_-

Hmm thanks for the input but I'm think of how 8 core are happening in console. I was thinking be good idea. I do defiantly want a 780. Downgrading from a gtx570 to a 7950 would be a waste money. 7950 has only more video ram. That's why I was looking considering 680 or gtx 770. I don't care for games. I want pure power. Cause I don't buy my games at retail price. Wink wink CD key house. Haha. I'd also consider you guys mention a 8320 is a good GPU. I'm not a big fan of over clocking.

Hmm thanks for the input but I'm think of how 8 core are happening in console. I was thinking be good idea. I do defiantly want a 780. Downgrading from a gtx570 to a 7950 would be a waste money. 7950 has only more video ram. That's why I was looking considering 680 or gtx 770. I don't care for games. I want pure power. Cause I don't buy my games at retail price. Wink wink CD key house. Haha. I'd also consider you guys mention a 8320 is a good GPU. I'm not a big fan of over clocking.

What are you talking about? A 7950 beats a 570. Also beats NVIDIA's current offerings in a few areas - in fact, the 770 is only barely able to beat the 7950. Look up the 770 reviews.

Edited by Godlygamer23

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Well you gotta point. I just don't see it much a upgrade since 7*** series card. Maybe when 8*** series cards come out it will be more interesting. Also prices still I would never know consider 7950 or 7970 since not a good enough upgrade to justify. Gtx 770 fries the 7950 hands down in games. Plus its sexiness intises me to buy one. Plus it seems have better fps in some games. I may stick with my gtx 570 for now and upgrade my CPU for now. Wait another gen to upgrade.

AFAIK, it doesn't "fry" the 7950. However, there are things you may want with an NVIDIA card, like Adaptive Vsync, TXAA(movie type AA), etc. It's ultimately up to you to make the decision. I'm personally going to be rolling with NVIDIA for a while.

Ya I do like the nvida recording 20 min thing. I'd just get it for that feature. Totally forgot about that. Hmmm ya I'd roll with a nvidia car my self to but for now I've decided to keep current GPU and. Upgrade to a 8320 and over clock it a Lil bit. Plus it hurt my wallet less haha