GTX 970 G1 Gaming or EVGA's FTW

WhiteSkyMage

dang it so close >:c

the strix has low quality parts on the pcb so i wouldn't recommend it but it does work but its not a "god" card as many people say

i7 5820K is $375 with 6-core and 15MB cache! there we go - beat the 4960X!

Well I hope they don't have bad components on the X99-A MB. I might then have to take Asrock's X99.

Intel Core i9-9900K | Asrock Phantom Gaming miniITX Z390 | 32GB GSkill Trident Z DDR4@3600MHz C17 | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Watercooled | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD | Crucial MX500 2TB SSD | Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 1000W | anidees AI Crystal Cube White V2 | Corsair M95 | Corsair K50 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pros 250Ohm

i7 5820K is $375 with 6-core and 15MB cache! there we go - beat the 4960X!

Well I hope they don't have bad components on the X99-A MB. I might then have to take Asrock's X99.

no its just the card that has low quality components and any motherboard from asus that is 100+ are amazing but i'm guessing that motherboard is 200+ so it will be amazing

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

I bought a Gigabyte GTX 970 G1, worst coil whine youve ever heard, so i returned it and its been on back order for a month :/

Got mine today, dead silent. Only whine I hear it's when I'm closing Valley and FPS go to 4000FPS, and you have to be very close to the case (20-10cm). My Asus GTX 760 had more coil whine than this 970.

Maybe I had luck. But when gaming is dead silent.

Got mine today, dead silent. Only whine I hear it's when I'm closing Valley and FPS go to 4000FPS, and you have to be very close to the case (20-10cm). My Asus GTX 760 had more coil whine than this 970.

Maybe I had luck. But when gaming is dead silent.

yeah, well, you are like Jayz - got lucky too...

Intel Core i9-9900K | Asrock Phantom Gaming miniITX Z390 | 32GB GSkill Trident Z DDR4@3600MHz C17 | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Watercooled | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD | Crucial MX500 2TB SSD | Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 1000W | anidees AI Crystal Cube White V2 | Corsair M95 | Corsair K50 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pros 250Ohm

yeah, well, you are like Jayz - got lucky too...

Not too lucky in OCing. 1530Mhz is the most I can get if I set the Power Limit to 112% (no touching voltage). I can run the card 1500Mhz with stock power limit, I don't know if that's dangerous or good. Anyways, coming from a 760 is almos twice the performance, and I didn't paid a lot for it.

Honestly, i said the G1 before i got one, and realized how long the card is. I wouldn't have been able to fit two in my mid tower. Plus i got a dud, so i had to return it. I say get the EVGA super clocked, and follow the online instructions to get a sexy backplate shipped to you around mid November. Going to SLI mine after i sell my 770s.

Also, i have no audible coil whine on my EVGA 970 running at 1400 mhz. I'll be honest though. the fans are very, very loud at 70% speed, BUT you only need a custom profile of 45%(pretty much silent)  to keep the card under 70c.

i5 2500k@4.2GHZ       / Hyper 212 Evo     / GTX 970 (EVGA) 1410Mhz core     / GTX 970 (EVGA) 1410Mhz core      / ASROCK z77 extreme 4 / Seasonic X series 1050w     / Azza Spartan case       / 2x4GB Kingston 1600mhz      / Toshiba Crucial 256 SSD     / Hitachi 3tb storage drive    / Hitachi 1tb storage drive / WD My Passport 1tb storage drive       / Corsair K90 Keyboard      / Corsair M65 FPS mouse      / Asus vw246h 24" monitor       / Asus vs247h-p 23" monitor.

Honestly, i said the G1 before i got one, and realized how long the card is. I wouldn't have been able to fit two in my mid tower. Plus i got a dud, so i had to return it. I say get the EVGA super clocked, and follow the online instructions to get a sexy backplate shipped to you around mid November. Going to SLI mine after i sell my 770s.

Also, i have no audible coil whine on my EVGA 970 running at 1400 mhz. I'll be honest though. the fans are very, very loud at 70% speed, BUT you only need a custom profile of 45%(pretty much silent)  to keep the card under 70c.

Fans are not a problem. Dual Processors Intelligence 5 will optimize all fans in my system so no worries. Even if they get loud when I overclock it (if I go over 1450MHz for example), that's why there are headphones nearby :D