Looking for that next epic game

MooseParade

I just finished up Borderlands 2 and absolutely loved it. Then again, I loved the first Borderlands and of course Skyrim. I don't play multiplayer, I'd rather just kick back in my chair and play through a good storyline, much like a good book. I'm still old school when it comes to gaming, I grew up with Quake 1 & 2, Unreal, Far Cry, Star Wars: Jedi Knight & Jedi Academy, Warcraft 1, 2 & 3, Starcraft and of course Doom 1, 2 & 3. So the storyline and game play is more important to me. 

Any suggestions?

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman

Prince of Persia (2008)
Not a lot of people seem to like it because they assume it's similar to previous PoP titles but it isn't. Visually it's absolutely GORGEOUS and if you're looking for  a game where you just kick back and enjoy the story line then you'll love this. I also got very attached to the characters and not a lot of games do that very often.

Just watched a playthrough on Splinter Cell: Conviction. No thank you. I don't do "stealth" games. Trying to stick to the same genre of games I listed, using them as a reference, FPS/RPG. PoP might be worth a try.

Also I just tried the new Tomb Raider and uninstalled after 45 minutes. Too linear for me.

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman

• The Witcher 2
  • Far Cry 3
  • Bioshock Infinite
  • Crysis series
  • Metro 2033 & Last Light
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series
  • Half Life series
  • Fallout 3 & New Vegas

Completed Fallout 3 & New Vegas, great titles. Never liked the Bioshock series. Played Half Life, but not Half Life 2, that might be my next one. Crysis and Metro, I don't know, I've always been skeptical of those.

Just finished Metro Last Light and that was awesome to me anyway so I would recommend it.

FX8120 @ 5.0GHz | Sabertooth 990FX | Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB @ 2133MHz | Powercolor HD7950 @ 1300/1800 | Bitfenix Shinobi XL Modded | Corsair AX850 | Mushkin 120GB & Seagate 2TB | Bitfenix Recon | 5X SP120 PE | 6X Yate Loon 120mm HS

Koolance 200 Res | 2X Koolance 360 Rads | Danger Den CPX Pro | EK 7950 Block | Koolance CPU Block | Bitspower & XSPC Fittings

Green Machine

Completed Fallout 3 & New Vegas, great titles. Never liked the Bioshock series. Played Half Life, but not Half Life 2, that might be my next one. Crysis and Metro, I don't know, I've always been skeptical of those.

Crysis is alright but the Metro games are very good. Have a great story and something that make you realy want to play more.

FX8120 @ 5.0GHz | Sabertooth 990FX | Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB @ 2133MHz | Powercolor HD7950 @ 1300/1800 | Bitfenix Shinobi XL Modded | Corsair AX850 | Mushkin 120GB & Seagate 2TB | Bitfenix Recon | 5X SP120 PE | 6X Yate Loon 120mm HS

Koolance 200 Res | 2X Koolance 360 Rads | Danger Den CPX Pro | EK 7950 Block | Koolance CPU Block | Bitspower & XSPC Fittings

Green Machine

Havent play hl2 ? Awesome. Half Life 2, Episode 1 and 2. Enjoy :D 

Far Cry 3 definitely. 

I'm just a soul who is up to no good.

Yeah I think that you would really enjoy Half Life 2, it's such a great game.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Thanks guys, downloading HL2 now. The first one was epic, walking around with nothing but a crowbar and a flashlight as Gordon. That brings back my childhood.

Call of Juarez-Gunslinger, Torchlight 2, Saints Row the Third,

PC Specs:  2x GTX 550 ti in SLI - Intel i7 2600k @ 3.4Ghz - Thermaltake Overseer Case - 8 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram - 1TB Harddrive - 500 Watt PSU that came with my old prebuilt pc lawl -  ASUS P8P67 EVO

Peripherals:  Razer Deathadder Black Edition - Razer Arctosa Keyboard - Logitech G53 Headset

Cool song of the day: Chief Keef - Round da Rosey    Changed my profile pic again...                                        Mountain Dew is good. So are video games and music. Oh and unicorns.

"kick back in my chair and play through good storyline an epic story"

Did this person say he doesn't like Bioshock Infinite?

doesn't like Bioshock Infinite?

axe-man.jpg

Did this person say he doesn't like Bioshock Infinite?

axe-man.jpg

you won the internet for today, and i dont even like bioshock :D

PC Specs:  2x GTX 550 ti in SLI - Intel i7 2600k @ 3.4Ghz - Thermaltake Overseer Case - 8 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram - 1TB Harddrive - 500 Watt PSU that came with my old prebuilt pc lawl -  ASUS P8P67 EVO

Peripherals:  Razer Deathadder Black Edition - Razer Arctosa Keyboard - Logitech G53 Headset

Cool song of the day: Chief Keef - Round da Rosey    Changed my profile pic again...                                        Mountain Dew is good. So are video games and music. Oh and unicorns.

you won the internet for today, and i dont even like bioshock :D

I haven't played Bioshock 1, but hell, Bioshock Infinite was a masterpiece that left an impression on me even days after i completed it.

I just finished up Borderlands 2 and absolutely loved it. Then again, I loved the first Borderlands and of course Skyrim. I don't play multiplayer, I'd rather just kick back in my chair and play through a good storyline, much like a good book. I'm still old school when it comes to gaming, I grew up with Quake 1 & 2, Unreal, Far Cry, Star Wars: Jedi Knight & Jedi Academy, Warcraft 1, 2 & 3, Starcraft and of course Doom 1, 2 & 3. So the storyline and game play is more important to me. 

Any suggestions?

I'm exactly like that and I can say that you will love Metro 2033.

Also to the posts above I don't like Bioshock as well but that was funny as hell.. 

"Save the cheerleader, save the world- Hiro Nakamura

The hero LinusTechTips forum deserves, but not the one it needs.

Glad to see you are downloading Half Life 2 op cuz that definitely is an epic game.  A top 5 of all time for sure.  I don't game as much as I used to but when I played Half Life 2 I could not put it down and when I completed it well it felt like time worth spent gaming.  Amazing game.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I watched my roommate play Bioshock 2 & Infinite and it just wasn't appealing to me. I am thoroughly enjoying HL2 though, about an hour and a half into it and loving it. Metro 2033 will definitely be next and then Last Light. Just sucks that I won't be able to enjoy them on the higher settings. I know it's going to kill my GTX 650 Ti

I watched my roommate play Bioshock 2 & Infinite and it just wasn't appealing to me. I am thoroughly enjoying HL2 though, about an hour and a half into it and loving it. Metro 2033 will definitely be next and then Last Light. Just sucks that I won't be able to enjoy them on the higher settings. I know it's going to kill my GTX 650 Ti

what about my games i listed D:

what about my games i listed D:

I have and love Torchlight 2. Much better than Diablo 3 in my opinion. Haven't tried any of the Saints Row games or Call of Juarez

Old school single player game? Morrowind! There's a bunch of visual mods that update the look and the level system