970 vs 980?

JacobiYounger

I just wanted to know differences/which one I should get between the 970/980. I think the common answer was 970, or just get 2 r9 290s.

I never said get two (at least not right away). You'd need to get a much better monitor than the one I specced for you before it's worth getting another R9 290.

you would have to be the most foolish consumer since...........fuck knows when, forever!

There are people who buy macs for gaming, and people who buy x99 for ms office... trust me, by comparison this wouldn't be that bad ;)

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please聽馃え

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

There are people who buy macs for gaming, and people who buy x99 for ms office... trust me, by comparison this wouldn't be that bad ;)

Never seen either of those. But I have seen members on these forums who very heavily over-invest in their GPU in these builds, but I suspect (more often than not I don't know) they do not have anything better than 1920x1080 IPS monitors with 60hz refresh rates. The only guy I know for certain that didn't happen to was a guy who I told to get an ROG Swift to go along with his GTX 980 SLI. Everyone who I recommend a 9xx card to I always tell them to save up for a G-Sync monitor, since that seems to be a logical thing to do. I also do the same for anyone who I recommend an AMD card to, tell them to wait for G-Sync before they go off and buy a crazy expensive monitor. If they need a monitor but cannot afford a G-Sync, I try to get them something cheap but not crap. 1080 with IPS, 5ms response maximum, 60hz minimum, as close to 24'' or smaller as can be. And with DVI too.