Buzzing/Crackling noise in headphones

It would increase your sound quality x10.

Oh, DAC's. Yeah, that seems to be the better choice.

Intel Core i7-4790k | ASUS 4GB GTX 970 | 32GB (4X8GB) DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum

ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro + WD 2TB Storage | Corsair Hydro H100i | Windows 8.1 64bit

There might be ants in Ur headphones

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

―  C.S. Lewis  :)

• 4 years later...
On 10/23/2014 at 8:44 AM, Resonance said:

Hello all,

I've been plagued by this issue for the past year and just decided to do anything about it.

I own the Audio Technica ATH-M50's and I get a buzzing/crackling noise in the headphones. I went searching online to find out where the issue could be. Since I was getting some of the issue when I scroll up and down a webpage or switch tabs, etc. there were some people saying that the motherboard had trouble with audio and such. I owned the ASUS M5A99X EVO, if that puts anything in perspective. I just replaced my motherboard and processor to an ASUS Maximus VII Hero. I installed all the drivers in hopes that everything would be fine now. However, I still get this issue and starting experimenting. At first, I just thought that since the motherboard didn't fix the issue, then my headphones connector was going faulty. I moved around the connector in the 3.5mm jack on the back of the motherboard to notice that if I do twist the cable in jack or press up, against gravity, to find that the issue does go away in some aspect, if I position it correctly. This again reaffirmed my issue that the connector was the problem. I again looked into the issue and found other sources leading me to believe the power supply wasn't grounded correctly to the case. This seems to be the most probable case, as I don't see this buzzing/crackling effect connecting to my laptop.

However, since this may most likely be my problem... I was wondering if any one would know how to either properly ground the case/power supply?

I was planning on upgrading my power supply soon anyway. If I do switch it out... if the problem is the case, for grounding, will there be no point in switching out the power supply?

Thanks.

I have the same issue with the same headphones. super annoying