Seidon 120V with AMD 8350 temps

Go to solution Solved by Tripnator,

Hi Guys/Gals

For my first real post on the forums I figured I'd ask for some advice. 

I'm using a Seidon 120V for my AMD 8350 Black Edition.

The temps are usually around 30-35 C at idle and can get up to 50C at heavy load.

I've got it in a push/pull on the back of my case, SP fan pushing and AF fan pulling.

When I first built the machine a few months ago the idle temps were about 15C and it rarely went over 25C

Should I be worried about the cooler not functioning fully, or am I just being too paranoid about temps?

I know the chip can take the heat and its hardly like I'm frying it, (my older intel quad core ran at 100C for a few years using a stock fan, and still does run, but at much lower temps with a new fan installed) 

What I'm worried about is that a few months ago it was at 20C mark, now its closer to 40C.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

I have  the same setup and the same temps, the single rad setup is not the best hence the budget temps :D 

Hi Guys/Gals

The temps are usually around 30-35 C at idle and can get up to 50C at heavy load.

I've got it in a push/pull on the back of my case, SP fan pushing and AF fan pulling.

When I first built the machine a few months ago the idle temps were about 15C and it rarely went over 25C

Should I be worried about the cooler not functioning fully, or am I just being too paranoid about temps?

I know the chip can take the heat and its hardly like I'm frying it, (my older intel quad core ran at 100C for a few years using a stock fan, and still does run, but at much lower temps with a new fan installed) 

What I'm worried about is that a few months ago it was at 20C mark, now its closer to 40C.

Try cleaning it properly

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

I wouldn't worry about it.

Just make sure to clean it properly and keep an eye on the temps every once in a while

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Hi Guys/Gals

I have  the same setup and the same temps, the single rad setup is not the best hence the budget temps :D 

Thanks for the quick answers guys, I keep it fairly clean, (Another habit formed after building the new rig)

Once I know it's the right temps for the products I'm happy with that.