Noctua's "Project Redux"

Comment: Nothing has actually been revealed about Noctua's "Project Redux".

Author: Ryan Martin

At Computex Noctua told us about “Project Redux” although they didn’t actually disclose that much information.  They told us it will bring Noctua fans in “streamlined, accessibly priced packages”. Whether that means they are developing a new range of cheaper fans, a range of different colours, a range of new sizes…who knows. The demo fan they used for “Project Redux” definitely wasn’t following the traditional Noctua design and it appears to drop some features like the anti-vibration rubber pads, the brown/beige colour scheme and stepped inlet design in favour of a lower cost design. Certainly cheaper fans that drop a few features are going to be a welcome change from Noctua’s normally premium price point.

Obviously Project Redux  is to do with fans but what do you think Noctua’s Project Redux is going to be about?

noctua_project_redux.jpg

Source: http://www.eteknix.com/computex-noctua-detail-project-redux-coming-q4-2013/

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

well the edges of the blades are shaped abnormal

but there arent the stepped edges and the golfball surface feature like on the NF-F12s

but if they manage to make a silent fan with reasonable static pressure itll be a hit cus well its noctua

even if its airflow optimized itll be a hit xD

because noctua knows what they are doing and they wont want to tarnish their rep as being the best

well the edges of the blades are shaped abnormal

but there arent the stepped edges and the golfball surface feature like on the NF-F12s

but if they manage to make a silent fan with reasonable static pressure itll be a hit cus well its noctua

even if its airflow optimized itll be a hit xD

because noctua knows what they are doing and they wont want to tarnish their rep as being the best

The abnormally shape edges of the blade is actually one of the many features that Noctua fans provide. :)

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).

The abnormally shape edges of the blade is actually one of the many features that Noctua fans provide. :)

yea thts what i meant xD prob some silence feature most likely

but the silverstone ap123 is really interesting ...mac does it in their notebooks to spread the noise over a wide range of frequencies i just dont see how come not many people talk about it....its a really attractive fan also heh

yea thts what i meant xD prob some silence feature most likely

but the silverstone ap123 is really interesting ...mac does it in their notebooks to spread the noise over a wide range of frequencies i just dont see how come not many people talk about it....its a really attractive fan also heh

That's because Mac people don't understand cooling (No offense to guys who have Macs here. You guys are different). :)

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!

That's because Mac people don't understand cooling (No offense to guys who have Macs here. You guys are different). :)

lolz the ap123 imo are really good looking fans and if i actually had fans in my budget i may have tested em out hehe

and cheaper noctuas seems really good...itll hit a much larger spot in the market...with the name they have built for themselves..

All I really want from Noctua are fans that aren't hideous.  Hopefully this is a sign of things to come in that regard.

The one in the picture looks like the NF-B9 With different colours.

All I really want from Noctua are fans that aren't hideous.  Hopefully this is a sign of things to come in that regard.

They are now black version of their fans :)

If this fan are cheaper, this is cool. This type of fan is ideal on computer cases for people not doing any extreme overclocking with air (of course, for doing any OC, perhaps a good Noctua fan is in order for the CPU heatsink.. if you want everything Noctua inside your case). Also, it's great for people that want simply a silent computer. You can buy, or probably comes the rubber screw mounts to absorb vibration, so it's all good.

i want 200mm fan from noctua

Spoiler

CPU: i5-6600k MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2800Mhz 15-15-15-35, GPU: Sapphire R9 290 SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2, Cooling: EK supremecy EVO ,EK-FC R9 290X with backplate, XSPC EX240 Crossflow & Alphacool UT60 240mm, XSPC D5 Bayres w/ Alphacool VPP655, 7/16-5/8 Compressions/Tubing, Noctua NF-F12 x4 PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 http://valid.x86.fr/8g2m02

200mm PWM would be nice. Granted, I would appreciate that ability in any manufactures product line, I don't care if it's unnecessary.

I think they have a 200mm A-Series Fan.

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!

i mean when we can buy them not just prototypes 

Spoiler

CPU: i5-6600k MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2800Mhz 15-15-15-35, GPU: Sapphire R9 290 SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2, Cooling: EK supremecy EVO ,EK-FC R9 290X with backplate, XSPC EX240 Crossflow & Alphacool UT60 240mm, XSPC D5 Bayres w/ Alphacool VPP655, 7/16-5/8 Compressions/Tubing, Noctua NF-F12 x4 PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 http://valid.x86.fr/8g2m02

↑This from a guy who believes this↓ :P

I think they have a 200mm A-Series Fan.

I should just say something stupid like "people with usernames starting with "A" doesn't understand computers", you know, just to balance things out :P

Edit: I hope you get the point I was trying to make ;) 

My take on this is that Noctua will introduce offerings with no adaptors, y-splits etc. etc. So in essence, they'll give you an option to just buy the fan, nothing more. At the moment, I wouldn't concern myself too much with the colors, prototypes at a computer show doesn't equal actual plans ;) If they want to cut costs for the consumer, I doubt they'll start introducing more factors into their production line

↑This from a guy who believes this↓ :P

I should just say something stupid like "people with usernames starting with "A" doesn't understand computers", you know, just to balance things out :P

Edit: I hope you get the point I was trying to make ;)

My take on this is that Noctua will introduce offerings with no adaptors, y-splits etc. etc. So in essence, they'll give you an option to just buy the fan, nothing more. At the moment, I wouldn't concern myself too much with the colors, prototypes at a computer show doesn't equal actual plans ;) If they want to cut costs for the consumer, I doubt they'll start introducing more factors into their production line

Oh, right... found it. There really is a 200mm A-series fan w/ some other sizes as well but the color is yellow. It's still an early production though but they will change it's color.

noctua_new_a_series_fans.jpg

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!

finally they released black fans!

I don't know, they just seem a little....too black :P.

(Jokes)

System specs
  • Graphics card: Asus GTX 980 Ti (Temp target: 60c, fan speed: slow as hell)
  • CPU: Intel 6700k @ 4.2Ghz
  • CPU Heatsink: ThermalRight Silver Arrow Extreme
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus Viii Gene
  • Ram: 8GB of DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
  • Headphone source: O2 + Odac 
  • Mic input: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
  • Case: Fractal Design Arc midi R2
  • Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB 
  • Storage: Seagate SSHD 2TB
  • PSU: Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 550w

Peripherals

• Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q
  • Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma (16.5 inch/360)
  • Mouse surface: Mionix Sargas 900
  • Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen
  • Keyboard: Filco Majestouch Ninja, MX Brown, Ten Keyless 
  • Headphones: AKG K7xx
  • IEMs: BrainWavs S1

I don't even mind the color scheme on the current noctua's. Got a watercooled system thats a black interior with red tubing accents with a white case and i use NF-F12's on all my rad's and vents. Looks good enough. The silence just makes up for the color imo.

"Don't make a girl a promise, if you know you can't keep it" | "Didn't you hear? Spartans never die."

-Gaming- FX 8150 @ 4.2GHz, HD 7870 Tahiti LE 2GB @ 1.1GHz, ASRock 990FX Extreme3, 8GB DDR3 1333 MHz, WIndows 10, Custom Watercooled, NZXT Switch 810

-Audio Editing/Mixing- Mac Mini Late 2014, Core i7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, 2TB Fusion Drive, OSX 10.12 El Captain -Phone- HTC One M7 32GB

Oh, right... found it. There really is a 200mm A-series fan w/ some other sizes as well but the color is yellow. It's still an early production though but they will change it's color.

noctua_new_a_series_fans.jpg

not that everything in their other fans are needed, but i kind of find the fact that this 200mm fan doesn't have any of the "premium" technology found in the nf-a14 and nf-f12 disconcerts me. i won't buy this.

not that everything in their other fans are needed, but i kind of find the fact that this 200mm fan doesn't have any of the "premium" technology found in the nf-a14 and nf-f12 disconcerts me. i won't buy this.

But it's a prototype, isn't it?

System specs
  • Graphics card: Asus GTX 980 Ti (Temp target: 60c, fan speed: slow as hell)
  • CPU: Intel 6700k @ 4.2Ghz
  • CPU Heatsink: ThermalRight Silver Arrow Extreme
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus Viii Gene
  • Ram: 8GB of DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
  • Headphone source: O2 + Odac 
  • Mic input: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
  • Case: Fractal Design Arc midi R2
  • Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB 
  • Storage: Seagate SSHD 2TB
  • PSU: Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 550w

Peripherals

• Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q
  • Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma (16.5 inch/360)
  • Mouse surface: Mionix Sargas 900
  • Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen
  • Keyboard: Filco Majestouch Ninja, MX Brown, Ten Keyless 
  • Headphones: AKG K7xx
  • IEMs: BrainWavs S1

It's a prototype.

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!