and my 970 is on the way...

PirateCoffee

I have no real loyalty to any GPU maker, my last card was a Zotac. It was inexpensive and exactly what it claimed to be, nothing more nothing less. That was before Zotac started trying to be a premium card though. Now, I dont know if I would buy one at the current prices.

For AMD I was loyal to sapphire. Their cards never failed me and when I contacted their support with a question they responded so quickly.

For Nvidia I would have been loyal to EVGA (Because customer service) had the G1 gaming not received such stellar reviews.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

For AMD I was loyal to sapphire. Their cards never failed me and when I contacted their support with a question they responded so quickly.

For Nvidia I would have been loyal to EVGA (Because customer service) had the G1 gaming not received such stellar reviews.

EVGA has had the best service of the Nvidia cards for a while, Asus, not so much. I think Gigabyte is probably some where in the middle. But with a little luck neither of us will have to find out. ;)

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Just ordered my Gigabyte GTX 970 from Newegg. Its not the G1 edition but hell, I'm just happy I got one in the hour they had stock. I'm upgrading from a GTX 660 so I'm looking forward to the the killer performance boost!

Cheers on your order as well
!
  :D

CKLf3S9.jpg

Don't get too happy ... DPD delivered mine to the wrong address causing a 2 day delay, and then when I got and installed them my PSU died.

I HOPE THIS HAPPENS TO ALL OF YOU!

Linus is my fetish.

Don't get too happy ... DPD delivered mine to the wrong address causing a 2 day delay, and then when I got and installed them my PSU died.

I HOPE THIS HAPPENS TO ALL OF YOU!

God damn it.

Lol, I was not serious broseph :P

You have to admit that the strix is overpraised.

Just like nobody gives a hoot(strix pun?) about the i7 5930k. Poor middle child getting neglected.

get rekt

Gamer and enthusiast. Rig: 5930k @ 4.2 ghz, EVGA GTX970 SC, 16gb ram @3200 and all the noctua fans a man could want.

I ordered my 970 on Saturday, was out of stock and they just got a small batch in (22 970s) 

v8yHc9y.png

WOOOOO.

:D

GRATS! I have to wait till the 27th for my new rig. Let us know how it goes!

get rekt

Gamer and enthusiast. Rig: 5930k @ 4.2 ghz, EVGA GTX970 SC, 16gb ram @3200 and all the noctua fans a man could want.

Your Scan Computers order will be delivered today by Simon, your DPD driver, between 14:37 and 15:37

SO LONG.

ITS ONLY 9AM!

I hope they send it to the wrong house or lose it.

When it happened to me I started a massive internet campaign to destroy the delivery man.

Did it get very far?

lol

Can I sue DPD for the mental issues they caused me?

Linus is my fetish.

Can I sue DPD for the mental issues they caused me?

Sue them in about five hours when I've got my parcel.

Thanks.

To ensure it gets sent to you correctly (well, for my future orders to me), it is wise to ring DPD to get them to double check with the driver to stop by your address.

I will ALWAYS be doing that from now on.

And don't forget to post loads of pictures when you get it.

Linus is my fetish.

So where is it? Why no pictures yet? POST PICTORIALS!!!

Linus is my fetish.

So where is it? Why no pictures yet? POST PICTORIALS!!!

Lol its here. :)

I'll post pictures later.