Possibly the best analogy for launch DLC

Syntaxvgm

They'd rather kill the longevity of their own games for a few extra bucks. That's not game development. Game development is a passion of pursuing the best game you can make. This is purely profit motive. 

From what I know, TitanFall devs do this, to an extent. 

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

From what I know, TitanFall devs do this, to an extent.

respawn has proved how a game should be supported, even though Titanfall is a game that gets boring fast it has got a lot of free updates, only extra new maps where behind a paywall and the first was released 2 months after launch also just today they launched an update that adds Co-op for free, uses the already included maps but on papers seems nice gonna try it tomorrow if there's still people playing the game

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here