School Project Build

Kevin235

Change the PSU. 750 watts is waaaaaaaaaaaaay to much for a single GPU set-up. Your system will never exceed 500 even when overclocked.

Also change the CPU Cooler maybe? Something that matches your coler scheme maybe? :))

http://www.amazon.com/Thermalright-AXP-100-Designed-HTPC-Systems/dp/B00AKO0WCW/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&qid=1370478339&sr=8-20&keywords=thermalright

just keep the 750W psu so u will be able to upgrade much more eg: more hdd's, more ssd's, maybe sli in the future. I personally would save a bit more and get a 780 so u can have that sick cooler and lightning fx and can say that u have a gk110 gpu.

I want to potentially go SLI in the future, hence the 750W PSU. Moreover, the NOCTUA CPU Cooler is killer good and I don't mind the color.

Swap the noctua cooler out with a corsair h100i for better over clocking and swap the fans out with nctua nfp12 s

Shouldn't this post go in the "New Builds and Planning" thread? Correct me if I'm wrong. :P

I think his idea was when he is done planning he can turn this thread into the build log.

If I could build a pc as a school project I would be pretty happy!

So I spelt something wrong in my post... I don't care I don't read through what I write and I type very quickly.

Intel 3770k stock, MSI Z77A-GD65, MSI GTX 760, Corsair Vengence DDR3 1600Mhz 16Gb, Corsair RM 550W, Samsung 830 256Gb, some random hdds.

Will add this sticker to the PSU 093bd5ad_vbattach221393.jpeg

And add red vinyl carbon fiber on the side panels 

For example 

$T2eC16V,!y0E9s2S65WwBQR7ywtk)g~~60_35.J

get the 680 bc the 680 is basically to 770 

Why go 680 when the 770 out performs it and is 100 dollars cheaper.  Bad suggestion

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

The system looks smashing!  B) Do you really need the i7 though? Do you use programs that could benefit from extra threads? For example, picture/video editing/rendering, 3d work etc;.

If it's just a pure spec gaming PC, then I would recommend the 4670K, would save you some money :) Though I know if you plan to record your games, Dxtory allows for more threads to be used.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2550K @ 4GHz | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo Rev. 2 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

GPU: XFX 1GB HD6850 OC'd | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB | HDD: Samsung 500GB | PSU: Corsair HX520W | Case: Zalman Z11+

The system looks smashing!  B) Do you really need the i7 though? Do you use programs that could benefit from extra threads? For example, picture/video editing/rendering, 3d work etc;.

If it's just a pure spec gaming PC, then I would recommend the 4670K, would save you some money :) Though I know if you plan to record your games, Dxtory allows for more threads to be used.

I'm getting $600 from parents for this build, so I want to go, as Linus would say it "Balls to the Wall" (all out build). Here is the final purposed build http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/164EB.

New Purposed Sticker for the PSU 

900x900px-LL-cb8fe14f_ax850.jpeg

get a cheaper seasonic psu... thats platinum rated and around 500w. the ax750 is not worth the price. and get a bigger ssd

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

get a cheaper seasonic psu... thats platinum rated and around 500w. the ax750 is not worth the price. and get a bigger ssd

SLI in the future...

I'm getting $600 from parents for this build, so I want to go, as Linus would say it "Balls to the Wall" (all out build). Here is the final purposed build http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/164EB.

That's a lot of money :P Well if that is the case then definitely go all out for it! I was looking at the 650D, but I was a bit worried of Cable Management with the USB3 passthrough and all, so I was thinking about getting a C70.

I wish you the best for this build! 

CPU: Intel Core i5 2550K @ 4GHz | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo Rev. 2 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

GPU: XFX 1GB HD6850 OC'd | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB | HDD: Samsung 500GB | PSU: Corsair HX520W | Case: Zalman Z11+

That's a lot of money :P Well if that is the case then definitely go all out for it! I was looking at the 650D, but I was a bit worried of Cable Management with the USB3 passthrough and all, so I was thinking about getting a C70.

I wish you the best for this build! 

Probably going to go with this! http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/177b0

Removed comment

Edited by Gazzer96

770 is cheaper to buy than a 680. Better to get the 770 and then it won't look like it is a generation behind.

And the 770 also has faster memory.

I can do this, I just want some cake. - Linus Sebastian

Probably going to go with this! http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/177b0

Smashing rig mate! Going to be great. I would not include an optical drive though, I prefer to get an external as I think internal opticals make the case front look untidy :P

How can this be implemented into a school project? Is there a computer building class at your school?

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

How can this be implemented into a school project? Is there a computer building class at your school?

We must assemble a technical object for ourselves that will be useful in our everyday lives.

What kind of school is this?! xD 

My school has sophomore project where we have to do something that we haven't done before. I am also building a computer and am going to use it for my project.

We must assemble a technical object for ourselves that will be useful in our everyday lives.

do you go to a school that uses MYP?

do you go to a school that uses MYP?

Yes sir.