Astro A40's or Kingston HyperX Cloud's

GhostWindGamer

So my birthday is next week and I want to pick up a new headset I've narrowed it down to the A40's and the cloud's which pair do you guys think I should get?

Cheers :D

From what i know the Astro A40's is more exspensive than the kingstons. I would go with the cloud's just because they're made by Qpad which i think makes better gaming headsets than Astro. Though the mixer that comes with Astro a40's is pretty nice.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

The HyperX Cloud is definitely worth the hype and the price you're paying for them.

I own a pair of ASTROs, and although they're more expensive, the sound quality is above par among other gaming headsets. I'd recommend the Clouds over the A40s, just because of the hype.

You're comparing at very different price ranges it we're talking Kingston Cloud vs A40 + Mixamp here. To make it even more confusing, the A40 (alone) in ok condition for $70 used, sold for a steal (compared to normal price).  :wacko:

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

The A40 is pretty comfy and looks better. It has some cool features such as detachable/customizeable "ear plate" and you can put the mic on the left or right side. But it's $150.

If you ask me, all those features are not worth $150 so I'd say go with the HyperX Cloud.

If you, however, can choose whatever you want and it's your parents' money, get the A40.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

• 1 year later...

I know its a lil bit late but if u have astro a40's, they are the way to go. I've tried both headsets and the clouds don't perform as well as the astros do. its more customizable than the clouds and the separate astro a40 mod kit comes with a better mic and noise cancellation ear cushions. IMO the astros are the best.

14 minutes ago, zer0chr0maTV said:

I know its a lil bit late but if u have astro a40's, they are the way to go. I've tried both headsets and the clouds don't perform as well as the astros do. its more customizable than the clouds and the separate astro a40 mod kit comes with a better mic and noise cancellation ear cushions. IMO the astros are the best.

You necroed a 2year old thread to recommend an inferior product? I fail to see why you would class a quality headphone such as the Takstar against a cheap plastic piece of shit that has the sound quality of 2 metal cans with strings attached and someone yelling into one while you hold the other to your ear.

I get it, your mom and/or dad bought you some A40's with your new XBone and you see all the "pros" using the A40 or A50, but they get sponsored to sport the A40 when in public, you do not.

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

In my opinion, the Cloud II's are worth the $99 price tag. Great sound, awesome construction, fantastic packaging and very comfortable.

I have Astros, and they are great. Lightweight, comfortable, great sound, and arguably the best audio interface with their MixAmp Pro. 

5 minutes ago, Dalton_K said:

I have Astros, and they are great. Lightweight, comfortable, great sound, and arguably the best audio interface with their MixAmp Pro. 

Until you try some real headphones that cost the same or less.

But hey we all have our own opinions.

Cloud all the way

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

1 minute ago, Dackzy said:

Until you try some real headphones that cost the same or less.

But hey we all have our own opinions.

I do have another pair of headphones, Shure SRH750DJs, and they outweigh Astros. I just find it convenient to have "audiophile" headphones with a builtin mic instead of audiophile headphones with a separate USB/XLR mic. 

Just now, Dalton_K said:

I do have another pair of headphones, Shure SRH750DJs, and they outweigh Astros. I just find it convenient to have "audiophile" headphones with a builtin mic instead of audiophile headphones with a separate USB/XLR mic. 

Wait what are you calling "audiophile"???

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

1 minute ago, Dackzy said:

Wait what are you calling "audiophile"???

Both pairs of headphones

Just now, Dalton_K said:

Both pairs of headphones

xDxD bro just stop they are not "audiophile" grade in anyway.

If you feel offended I am sorry but I have to tell the truth.