Decent headphones?

The Angry Alien

I've been searching for some new headphones to replace my Corsair 1300's as they are getting a bit worn out at this point. I've decided against a headset as I'd rather have something that sounds fantastic over something with a built in mic (I could just buy a modmic for that). I'd also like something that has present bass, but not overwhelming seeing as my 1300's have practically none and I forgot what it was like. My last bit of criteria would be something that I can use at home playing games, then easily pack it up or just take it and go for travel (Basically something that doesn't look too awful and is maybe collapsable). Thanks for the help in advance!

Edit: also forgot to mention my budget is within the $100-200 range

Edit 2: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/233056-corsair-1300-hinge-snapped/ That is my panic post from a short while ago, my budget has recently been able to go up  and that's why I am aiming for a bit more expensive this time. The hinge is now attaches via zip-tie and electrical tape :^)

Price? Location?

I would recommend the AE2's for a $150 budget. But anything more expensive, then something higher end

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

My ATH-M20xs ($50) are pretty good, you could go for a higher up model for more features such as being collapsible and such.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Price? Location?

I would recommend the AE2's for a $150 budget. But anything more expensive, then something higher end

My apologies, already fixed it with an edit. Thanks for the recommendation!

My apologies, already fixed it with an edit. Thanks for the recommendation!

hmm, I would say AE2's or maybe the ATH M50 or even the HD558's (dont know too much bout them)

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

hmm, I would say AE2's or maybe the ATH M50 or even the HD558's (dont know too much bout them)

I've had my eyes on the ATH M50x's, they look perfect for what I want from what I've read

*blinks*

wha?

wat?

how?

The ones WITH a stinking microphone is like $100 more!!!!

RIPOFF

GET THE 558's!!!

I've had my eyes on the ATH M50x's, they look perfect for what I want from what I've read

actually if its anything like the m50, they're really uncomfortable. (hot, touches ears really hard)

*blinks*

wha?

wat?

how?

The ones WITH a stinking microphone is like $100 more!!!!

RIPOFF

GET THE 558's!!!

Lol. 

actually if its anything like the m50, they're really uncomfortable. (hot, touches ears really hard)

I have the A2Es, and i forget I'm wearing them. They are hella light and have majic clouds in the ear cups.

I could be very wrong

Audio Technica ATH-M50X-closed back (no noise leakage), collapsible, decent build quality, pretty good sound, ~$180 US (there's an older M50 for cheaper, but it doesn't have a removable cable which is automatically a no-buy for me)

Sennheiser HD598-Open back (noise leakage for days, you won't want these on the plane but it's fine at home), adjustable, excellent sound, excellent build quality (real leather). Their looks are a debate in the headphone world, it's designed to look like a Mercedes interior and is tan with burl wood accents and black grating on the earcups. It looks alright to me, something different. ~$180 US.

I used to have a pair of M50s that broke and bought my Sennheisers- I've listened to headphones twice the cost that sound worse. They're designed for clean and accurate sound, not that stupid +64684756242262dB bass boost that Beats have. You can't go wrong with either one, though.

My PC: MSI X99s SLI PLUS///Intel i7 5820k///Corsair H100i///Crucial DDR4 12GB///EVGA Supernova Gold 750w G2///ASUS GTX 1080 Strix///Phanteks Enthoo Luxe///Intel 730 240GB SSD///WD Blue 1TB///Intel 6250 WiFi
Current Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598///Corsair K70 LUX///Logitech MX Master///Razer Destructor 2///Saitek X52///Acer X34 Predator

At around $200, I would go for an AKG K701/702.

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

Audio Technica ATH-M50X-closed back (no noise leakage), collapsible, decent build quality, pretty good sound, ~$180 US (there's an older M50 for cheaper, but it doesn't have a removable cable which is automatically a no-buy for me)

Sennheiser HD598-Open back (noise leakage for days, you won't want these on the plane but it's fine at home), adjustable, excellent sound, excellent build quality (real leather). Their looks are a debate in the headphone world, it's designed to look like a Mercedes interior and is tan with burl wood accents and black grating on the earcups. It looks alright to me, something different. ~$180 US.

I used to have a pair of M50s that broke and bought my Sennheisers- I've listened to headphones twice the cost that sound worse. They're designed for clean and accurate sound, not that stupid +64684756242262dB bass boost that Beats have. You can't go wrong with either one, though.

Thank you! I have never had any interest in Beats as from what I've physically heard out of them, nothing that impressive. They try to smother you in bass from my memory. I'll probably go with the M50x's. Also, nice Tesla as your profile pic ^^